My Dad

What a wonderful portrait full of character and warmth - really engaging and memorable Gary.
Thanks Emma.
"selective processing."
Thanks Steven. Great information. I don't and didnt sharpen anyhting other than the eyes in this image so I guess I do selective sharpening although I am not sure what should be done for various outputs. As you say I do end up with a few copies as I tend to tweak edits.

Gaz

Cracking shot this, well done :)

This is a gorgeous photo of your dad - definitely one to treasure. Would have loved one like this of my own father. Just wondering what type of light source you used? I am so new to this and getting confused with it all! Thanks.

Can only echo the positive comments. A lovely, engaging portrait with loads of warmth and character. I wouldn't change it. Editing can be very personal and I like how you chose to present the original.

This is a gorgeous photo of your dad - definitely one to treasure. Would have loved one like this of my own father. Just wondering what type of light source you used? I am so new to this and getting confused with it all! Thanks.
Hiya. Don't worry i'm in a constant state of confusion ;-) I used a Gamilight 43 softbox with speedlight inside. The box was very close and high, feathered too. Mum stood on chair arm stretched as High as she could she's under 5ft so needed a chair for sure.
Can only echo the positive comments. A lovely, engaging portrait with loads of warmth and character. I wouldn't change it. Editing can be very personal and I like how you chose to present the original.
Hi Gaz.

Thanks for the feedback. Re: Post work. Yes with me being very indecisive and lacking in confidence in my ability I do tend to have my head turned easily so do end up thinking my original edit may need work and then start faffing around with the file, eventually loosing all perspective on the start image.

Gaz

Lovely portrait Gary, wouldn't change too much with it if it were mine :)

Re: Post work. Yes with me being very indecisive and lacking in confidence in my ability I do tend to have my head turned easily so do end up thinking my original edit may need work and then start faffing around with the file, eventually loosing all perspective on the start image.

Gaz
I'm guilty of that too ...

Back