My daughter

I quite like this! The lighting for me I think is lovely on the face and I like the fact there isn't direct eye contact with the camera. I like the clarity in the hair also but I find there are some distracting stray hairs higher up on her head that catch my eye.

I quite like this! The lighting for me I think is lovely on the face and I like the fact there isn't direct eye contact with the camera. I like the clarity in the hair also but I find there are some distracting stray hairs higher up on her head that catch my eye.

Thanks for the feedback Gareth.
To be honest I have only had the body and lens a week and I’ve been driving the kids mad ever since. I was more concerned with getting to grips with the camera than the finer points.
I’ll definitely pay more attention to the details as I get more used to it.
Thanks again,

It is a beautiful image, and of course portraying such a lovely innocent face. However I do also find the loose hair half way up the nose somewhat distracting but it should not be difficult to remove it, and imo it would be well worth doing so, as the image is otherwise so delightful.

Thanks doggel I’m in agreement with you. Once seen it can’t be unseen!

That's really pretty, but she looks a little sad. :(

So Im not the only one with daughters that get fed up with daddy asking them to model. I recently bought the 5DMK4 and it was not focusing properly. I have a focus test card to help with micro adjustments but i find nothing beets a human face to test on. They both soon got board with that. I have bought my youngest a Canon 100d for Christmas so maybe she can get her own back on me. As for your photo I like it but it would be nice to see a smile as she is with Christmas lights.

Nice family memory. I know they are cool lights but they've cast quite a blue light, and yes just edit out that stray hair

Back