My diecast model pics

Wow, some absolutely fantastic shots there.:clap:
I used to collect 1/18th models a few years ago but never managed to get something like these.
I like the Mini and Ferrari the best. It really is difficult to tell they are models.

Philip - I am very impressed with all your shots on this thread - high standards (y)

Great collection and good selection of compositions. You are showing them off at their best!

Strictly speaking, I'm breaking my own rules here, as this model is resin, not diecast...but what the hey! It's Minichamp's superb 1/18 version of Mikko Hirvonen's 2011 Rally Australia winning Fiesta WRC.

2 wheels this time. Another beaut from Paul's Model Art (Minichamps). It's a 1/12 version of the classic Laverda Jota. They don't make 'em like that anymore!

I'm lost for words as I've said I t all before - your shots are brilliant :)

Thanks John. I spent a bit more time editing the Jota pics....I photoshopped bolt heads over the star-head screw heads to try and make the model look more real.

Thanks John. I spent a bit more time editing the Jota pics....I photoshopped bolt heads over the star-head screw heads to try and make the model look more real.

The end result is well well worth it :)

Really nicely done. I did a friends radio controlled truck last year and although it came out pretty good, I struggled avoiding reflections of the soft box. How did you get the mini without any reflections? Interested

WOW!!!!! Just WOW! Nothing else needs saying! :D

Stunning work as I said on your other thread. So, how long do you spend dusting before you take the shot?!

Stunning work as I said on your other thread. So, how long do you spend dusting before you take the shot?!

Caleb, you don't want to know.....:D For those dust spots I miss, Photoshop to the rescue! Had a Geoff Duke at your flickr pics. Some lovely aviation shots. The head-on shot of the Hercules sitting with engines running is stunning! Tripod I assume?

Gareth, it took quite a lot of experimenting re the unwanted reflections, as they can be a real pain! :banghead: For models with windscreens, the most common source of stray reflections is the roof of the softbox. I place a large piece of matt black artist's card (available in craft shops) across the top which helps. I also use 2 smaller pieces of black card slid in to each side and pushed to the back. They come forward about 2/3 the depth of the softbox, creating a dark zone inside the softbox, almost free of reflections. There will always be a couple sneak in but again, Photoshop to the rescue!

If that's double-dutch, here's a quick pic.

Last edited:
Thanks, yes tripod and a 30 second exposure that one. I had a look at your flickr as well as I'm trying to get some similar diecast shots to yours. What can I say, your work is very good especially given how much of a pain reflections are!

Back