Yes
Well it seems 3 days of fattening up the local tits is having an impact....:D

1)
JU7F9782.JPG

2)
JU7F9798.JPG

3)
JU7F9827.JPG

4) This chap (or chapette?) decided to show up...stayed on the branch in the distance for about 30 seconds, then flew out of vision to my right...popped my head out to see if he was in a tree, and he was actually sat on the fence leading to the hide door about 10ft away! :eek: Needless to say he shot off then :( As did anything within 30yards that was alive!

JU7F9845.JPG

All on the 1D with 70-200 2.8 IS :)
Phil

Last edited:
Nice set and well spotted with the Sparrowhawk

you won't have many birds to photo if the poxy sparrow hawk stick around, it will kill them all. nice set so far

hehehehe nice set, mum and dad have a sparrow hawk that visits and we can tell instantly when its in or near the garden, all of the garden birds just disappear and the garden falls silent :) it never lands there while im visiting though, although mum and dad have seen it eating collared doves on the garden seat lol

Nice set, and I can understand why they've all gone into hiding, well caught (y) I wonder if we have something like that lurking near here. For the past week or so we've been swarmed with starlings and the last couple of days nothing.

fantastic tit shots :nuts: sparrow hawk was a bonus.

i got my first coal tit today so im well :D.

many thanks

Nice shots, sparrow hawk looks menacing.

Thanking you :)

Certainly does! Its the eyes. Great shots.

Cheers! :)

Great mixture again Phil

Nice captures

Thanks Ant!

Very nice.

Ta!

Nice set and well spotted with the Sparrowhawk

Couldn't miss him!!! :D

you won't have many birds to photo if the poxy sparrow hawk stick around, it will kill them all. nice set so far

Thank you!

hehehehe nice set, mum and dad have a sparrow hawk that visits and we can tell instantly when its in or near the garden, all of the garden birds just disappear and the garden falls silent :) it never lands there while im visiting though, although mum and dad have seen it eating collared doves on the garden seat lol

I think this was the first time I was in the right place at the right time....ever!! I'm sure you'll get it one day!

Nice set, and I can understand why they've all gone into hiding, well caught I wonder if we have something like that lurking near here. For the past week or so we've been swarmed with starlings and the last couple of days nothing.

Get out lookin!!

fantastic tit shots :nuts: sparrow hawk was a bonus.

i got my first coal tit today so im well :D.

many thanks

Well done....is it on here yet?! :D Thanks!

excellant shots, especially considering your max focal length was 200mm. You have inspired me to get out and do this :clap:

excellant shots, especially considering your max focal length was 200mm. You have inspired me to get out and do this :clap:

Good hunting to you sir! :clap: I'm feeling a lot more rewarded and more enthusiastic with my results!

I do have the 2x extender for my lens but hate using it most places as there just isn't enough light...I'd rather spend the time getting closer than taking millions of rubbish shots in the hope 1 is good!

Next week (weather permitting), I'm setting myself the goal of getting a 200mm (decent) kingfisher shot! Got my location set and everything, going to build up a quick screen/hide thing from a couple of wooden broom handles and whatever dead branches I can find around and put up a nice perch for them too :) It won't be full frame see every feather detail, as I've got something compositionally aesthetic in mind already! I do have kingfisher shots already, but I want to see if it's dooable...this is more about the challenge than the results :)

Back