My fiance on the Brighton Pavilion grounds

Edit My Images
Yes
QjH1iVH.jpg

I shot this on a Nikon Nikomat SLR camera. Don't know what lens I used off hand, though.

Critique and feedback welcome!

All I did was put that photo on my screen and right clicked mouse over it to bring up properties. from that onto heading " details " and 35 mm focal length came up in the drop down list

Last edited:
All I did was put that photo on my screen and right clicked mouse over it to bring up properties. from that onto heading " details " and 35 mm focal length came up in the drop down list

Hmmm! this is as far as I can tell a photograph of a photographic print.........so any exif data will that of the digital camera that took 'that' record picture of said print ;)

@Chipl95 because you seem to have taken a photograph of a print rather than a scan it hard to tell why what I am seeing is "right" or not

The most in focus area is his right shoulder with the black beading line in the material. There is no obvious other areas that are in sharp focus. If my surmise is correct there are techniques to photograph printed photos.....you have to make sure that you are dead square on to the picture to avoid distortions.

How was the film processed? The reason I ask is that it has a colourcast which makes me think the film might have been out of date......or possibly (as I can see the evidence of a lamp reflecting off of it......but not a daylight corrected bulb) it might need white balance correction???

Last edited:
@Chipl95 because you seem to have taken a photograph of a print rather than a scan it hard to tell why what I am seeing is "right" or not

The most in focus area is his right shoulder with the black beading line in the material. There is no obvious other areas that are in sharp focus. If my surmise is correct there are techniques to photograph printed photos.....you have to make sure that you are dead square on to the picture to avoid distortions.

How was the film processed? The reason I ask is that it has a colourcast which makes me think the film might have been out of date......or possibly (as I can see the evidence of a lamp reflecting off of it......but not a daylight corrected bulb) it might need white balance correction???
I took a picture of the picture on my phone so I would be able to post it on my Facebook page and send it to my fiance. If you're wondering about the reflection, it was light reflecting off of the paper. When I look at it in person it doesn't show.

The film expiry date was set in 2018-2019 if I recall correctly. It was developed in store because I do not have a darkroom. (Sadly)

Back