My first attempt at Lightning (over London)

Edit My Images
Yes
For the last two years or so, every time there has been a thunderstorm, there have been circumstances preventing me from going out and photographing it.

Last night, for the first time, I didn't even have to leave home, and managed this shot from my balcony.

canarywharf_lightning by mikehiow, on Flickr

Very nice, sign? at bottom right is a bit on the bright side but could be sorted in PP I guess

we had such thick cloud cover it just lit the sky as a big softbox. Thats a good capture and I agree about the brightness of the sign drawing the eye

Nice shot. I think it would be better with the bright light cropped out myself. Have you considered that Mike?
Cheers

Excellent shot - almost looks like the lightening hit one of the cranes:).

I am guessing the green laser light is coming from the Greenwich Royal Observatory ?

I'm not sure where the laser is coming from, but it's nearly always there.

I might play with cropping out the sign - it's pretty annoying!

Cool photo. Just how you imagine a bolt of lightening would look like.

Gaz

Great shot Mike but definitely agree with everyone, else lose the sign :)

Looks a lot better with the blended in sign. :)

And working out the viewpoint as being near the Bow Flyover / High Street / Blackwall Tunnel approach road, the green laser light is coming from the Royal Observatory at Greenwich - the laser has been beamed into the sky over London to show the path of the Prime Meridian, marking the international timeline.

Back