Edit My Images
Yes
Please, let me know what you think

Attachments

• IMG_20160731_185534.jpg
    IMG_20160731_185534.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 60
Hi Richard - is that a bit of jam to attract the wasp?:D

It's nice and bright but you have to nail the focus on the head/main part of the body. There's probably around 5mm depth of focus to play with by the looks of it - so it's just a case of taking 5/10 shots with slight movements of the focus ring or using any focussing aids that your camera has.

Pete

Hi Richard - is that a bit of jam to attract the wasp?:D

It's nice and bright but you have to nail the focus on the head/main part of the body. There's probably around 5mm depth of focus to play with by the looks of it - so it's just a case of taking 5/10 shots with slight movements of the focus ring or using any focussing aids that your camera has.

Pete

It just happened to fall out of my scone, I swear to you .

I'll bear that in mind. They didn't hang around to be honest!

You need to get the focus right but the other apsects are there.

Hi keef - not a bad shot really apart from the focus - what lens did you use?

Using a Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6,

How are you focusing? With the focus fixed and moving the camera, or using the focus ring, or using autofocus?

Have you tried that setup with a test subject? Doesn't matter what - just something that doesn't move. Can you get good focus on a test subject?

It was auto focus.

I haven't tried with a test subject but I'll deffo look into giving that a go.

Some times nice to comp a few shots together to increase depth of field. Your wasp is being very kind by standing side on so there is not too much depth of field required. If it was 3/4 shot focus 3 times and comp the shots together.

Back