My first ever Macros :)

D

dd-photography

Heres a couple of Macros I took after having my camera about 2 or 3 days so they are abit rubbish.
Let me know what you think though :)

BloodBug.jpg

Flyonleaf-1.jpg

GreenFly-1.jpg

SpiderPetal.jpg

#2 for me I think, i'd be pleased with that.

Do you think #3 could be improved by flipping it?:shrug:

#2 for me I think, i'd be pleased with that.

Do you think #3 could be improved by flipping it?:shrug:

I tried that and it looked a bit stupid, you can tell that the fly was upside down from its posture.

Thanks for the feedback, yeah i know some are abit dark.
:)

Not bad at all for your first attempt
No2 is pretty near spot on, no1 looks like a very fat velvet mite and you really need to be increadibly close to get the detail in them, as others have said 3&4 need light.

No2 in particular is very good in my opinion. I cannot comment on flash as I haven't got round to using it for macro.

Excellent first shots imo, especially considering you've not had the camera very long.(y)

Thanks alot everyone :D

and to silverjon, no, the lens cannot be changed but it is however a 28-300mm lens with 10.7X zoom. I borrowed a bit of kit from my dad which allows much better macro shots, if anyone really wants to know the full details of it PM me and ill find out for you :)

But thanks for opinions everyone!
(y)

Thanks alot everyone :D

and to silverjon, no, the lens cannot be changed but it is however a 28-300mm lens with 10.7X zoom. I borrowed a bit of kit from my dad which allows much better macro shots, if anyone really wants to know the full details of it PM me and ill find out for you :)

But thanks for opinions everyone!
(y)

I do! Some excellent shots there!

Okay, so the bit of kit was a Raynox DCR 250.
If you want a closer look try here

It is a really good piece of kit!
:)

Back