My first few shots with new lens

Edit My Images
No
My first few attempts with a zoom lens....all critism constructive or otherwise gladly taken, I want to learn as much as possible

DSC_0316.jpegDSC_0626.jpegDSC_0329.jpegDSC_0292.jpegDSC_0297.jpeg

One tip is to always focus on the eyes a good start but some are not quite in focus what camera are you using?

Ah okay I'll have a look at the settings and see what it is on. I was aware the Robin was slightly out of focus so this maybe the reasoning behind it. Thanks for your help and kind words though

The Robin shot composition is great, pity it was not in focus, I like the Dog shot looks like a Cockerpoo thoughtful pose (y).:clap::clap:. Good luck for future efforts Tom:)

The Robin shot composition is great, pity it was not in focus, I like the Dog shot looks like a Cockerpoo thoughtful pose (y).:clap::clap:. Good luck for future efforts Tom:)
Thanks for your comment, he is indeed a cockerpoo, if he sits still long enough you may see more of him....

Tom could you give the guys more experienced than I your settings for each shot,it will help them help you, your shutter speed could be slow your dof too small ,it might be something to do with how the camera AF is set as pointed out above it could be you pulling the shutter but most of the images are not really sharp,so finding out if there is a common cause might help you get moving forwards.

Horse (eye) is the nicest for me you have an eye level POV and nice bkg( background) but maybe he could be moved off center a bit more. POV is point of view Tom,really try to get to eye level of who ever you are shooting like your doggy dog mate. You are looking straight into his eyes and him looking back into mine. Hence as the viewer he appeals to me more than the robin who you look down on.

Mate I'm not experienced enough to help much further,I'm just learning like you are. I just wanted to say hey and try and get a bit more help for you really The settings you put into the camera are very important.the lenses used equally so,The more info you spend time giving will allow for more detailed replies back. The experienced will know for example that x shutter speed is to slow for x picture,but if you don't give them the details then they haven't got that knowledge to help you with

Stu

Tom could you give the guys more experienced than I your settings for each shot,it will help them help you, your shutter speed could be slow your dof too small ,it might be something to do with how the camera AF is set as pointed out above it could be you pulling the shutter but most of the images are not really sharp,so finding out if there is a common cause might help you get moving forwards.

Horse (eye) is the nicest for me you have an eye level POV and nice bkg( background) but maybe he could be moved off center a bit more. POV is point of view Tom,really try to get to eye level of who ever you are shooting like your doggy dog mate. You are looking straight into his eyes and him looking back into mine. Hence as the viewer he appeals to me more than the robin who you look down on.

Mate I'm not experienced enough to help much further,I'm just learning like you are. I just wanted to say hey and try and get a bit more help for you really The settings you put into the camera are very important.the lenses used equally so,The more info you spend time giving will allow for more detailed replies back. The experienced will know for example that x shutter speed is to slow for x picture,but if you don't give them the details then they haven't got that knowledge to help you with

Stu
Appreciate the time you've taken with your comment my friend, I will make sure I upload details with my next photos.
I'm glad also that out of the few photos that make the cut from the crap that I've taken, people are liking one or two!

I shall keep going and will make sure to try and get eye level with whoever is in front of my lens.

Thank you once again

I'll keep an eye out for your uploads.

Cheers Tom

You are welcome Tom cheers for the reply. Mate pov is what it is,eye level not always achievable,always take the pic:)

Folks in this game are very kind with their expertise mate, can't help you that much but know how much details given can help you.

Thanks for the interest,I am obsessed it seems with this,just get little time at the mo to explore more, but love trying to add the image making process to what I've always done.

all the luck tom

Stu

Back