My first jay.

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
I nearly missed these shots as when I went to grab the camera it had no card in and the wrong lens.
With no time to play about with the settings I just set it to P so the flash would not fire and chase it away. Taken through the kitchen window, Canon 70-300 IS, single focus point aimed at the eyes.
Seldom seen in this area and only the second time I have ever seen a jay, the first also in my garden

IMG_5313.jpg

IMG_5312.jpg

The great shot I did miss was when he spotted woody feeding above him and he chased him off:(. The shot below illustrates the scene.

IMG_5305.jpg

Last edited:
Three lovely natural captures ... (y) ... you did very well in the circumstances so all credit to you ... ;)

:p

Three lovely natural captures ... (y) ... you did very well in the circumstances so all credit to you ... ;)

:p

Thanks, I actually rattled off 25 shots before he spotted me, but some had shadows of branches across him and a few good ones of him had a can of oil on the path behind :bang: funny how you do not notice these things at the time. Not graduated to cloning yet.

Last edited:
After he chased woody away,

IMG_5283-1.jpg

And the can of oil:D plus the jay.

IMG_5286.jpg

Last edited:
Back