My first portrait attemp..

Name
Agnieszka Kaniowska
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all. This is my first approach to portraits. I look forward to constructive feedback that will help me learn more :)

post-22853-0-34380000-1463875196_thumb.jpg post-22853-0-74947100-1463875180.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I added wrong picture , but for the last two hours I could not add them all..

They're both good photos, the posing works for me in both of them. I'm not too bothered by them fading in to black especially in the second but agree a wee bit more light on the side just to lift him off the background would be good. In both images, particularly the first, the glass seems quite central to the story and is kinda lost, moving the key further round or a second smaller kicker from that side to get some light into the glass would make it stronger in the image for me.

I've got to be honest though the processing doesn't work for me. The mono image isn't too bad a bit over sharpened but the first image is way too crunchy and the skin tones are all over the place. It looks like you've used way to much clarity or sharpening and the under eyes have gone too dark. I'd be quite interested to see the sooc as I do think it's a shot with real potential with a more restrained touch.

A good first attempt. I would like more light on the left of the face in #1. #2 just a little separation from the background on his left.

I like the second shot, and the pp is ok too. Agree with the comments about the first, looks like it's been pushed too far.

I also wanted to comment as you share my surname, and say to say hello :)

Back