My first post here :)

Edit My Images
Yes
Well, minus the welcome one that is. Anyway, can you guys give me advice on some photos I took today? Ta.

kimmett-squirrel.jpg

kimmett-texture.JPG

kimmett-tree.JPG

All taken with a Fuji S3000, earlier this morning.

Kimmett

The squirrel picture is great, you have managed to get him looking straight at you. The exposure and focus are both spot on. It’s fairly obvious that he is use to humans being around though and because of the concrete background this distracts. When ever shooting wildlife, even in captivity or out of their natural surroundings, try to use an angle that will make the viewer believe that the subject could be in their natural habitat. I know it’s not always possible but it is worth bearing in mind ;)

The colours in the second shot are very vivid which make this shot a little unusual, I am guessing that you have rotated the third reflection shot through 180 degrees. I like reflections and there is a lot of interesting ways to play around with this subject.

One last point for the future, we have guidelines for picture sizes of no wider than 600pix on their longest side to make the forum as friendly as possible for people still using smaller screen resolutions or those that are still stuck on dial up. The pictures here are a little larger than that, in future can you please try to keep within the guidelines or perhaps include a 56k unfriendly warning in your thread title.

Thanks.

i really like the first, great pose he struck for you, as steve says, take a black sack and get on the floor!

2 is ok, good DOF and the 3rd is clever, a different way of doing a reflection!

i like all these pixs 8)

tob job

MyPix

Love the second picture and the composition that you've made.

As Steve said the squirrel pic looks a bit out of place being on the path but still a great pic all the same ;)

Thats a good start, breaking rules with all the photos in the thread. Sorry, I'll bear it in mind next time.

Thanks for the tips on wildlife photography, I will bear that in mind next time. The third one is indeed a reflection that underwent a 180° flip :)

Kimmett said:
Thats a good start, breaking rules with all the photos in the thread.

I did it as well :eek:ops:

At least they don't bite round here :)

you need to start worrying when BIG RED LETTERS get used.... [smilie=n:

Especially as it's so close to valentines day ;) :D

Don't worry, we're as nice as pie round here. Hard as nails, thick as....but lovely with it:D

Like the first shot. Good pose by Mr Squirrel (he seems to be getting about quite a bit). As the others have said a better background would have topped it off, but hey if your knowledge of squirrel is as good as mine you wont know how to say 'would you mind doing the same pose on some woodchip please'. Ask digitalfaliure he is good with squirrels :wink:

Sorry, second one doesn't do it for me. All though you know you looking at the tree, there does not seem to be a focal point. I found my eyes wondering all over the shot looking for something to focus on.

Third shot is cool. Got kind of a surreal look to it. I like the way the stars are reflecting off the water.

Back