My First Post - the Lakes

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Well after 5 days in the Lake District I'm back with a few photos to share and learn from - any comments welcome. I hope I get the uploading right!!

1 and 2 were both taken near Elterwater

Nr_Elterwater_1.jpg

Nr_Elterwater_2.jpg

3 and 4 are a stream running out of Blea Tarn

Blea_Tarn_2.jpg

blea_tarn_1.jpg

5 is Windermere from Ambleside.

winderemere_dark.jpg

John

Some nice shots there John. No1 could really benefit from cropping around 2/3 of the foreground and possibly a mono conversion. Worth a try anyway, I love that tree.

Cheers CT - all comments taken on board and processed...:D

John

Here's another of the tree plus (what I think) is quite a nice landscape!

Tree_Nr_Elterwater_3.jpg

scene_2.jpg

John

Thanks Ally, I used - a Cokin A Polarizer for most to bring out the clouds against the sky. No filter for the Cloudy Windermere shot though.

John

Nice shots, but I especially like the landscape (y)

Thanks Rick and Brains. Regarding the detail left and right - how can I bring that out? I'm a novice to processing images so any advice will be gratefully received.

John

Cheers P-E - I'm feeling quite chuffed, I bought the Canon 20D some time ago and (with RobertP's help) I'm beginning to get the hang of it! This was my first real opportunity to get out and about with camera, lenses and a tripod and I must say I'm pleased with some of these shots. I've also learned lots just getting out there and doing it!

John

I'm in mammoth lakes and somebodys unsecured network is so weak i have to stand at the window to post this. The scenery in yosemite is stunning and I doubt i'm doing it justice as I don't normally do landscape.

Nice job on the photography and posting the thread John :)

I'll look in here again when the conecting is a bit easier :)

Back