My first Roe Deer

Very nice, you were fortunate to capture such a shy creature

Nice one, beautiful creatures.
They are just entering their rutting season, so keep an eye out

Very nice, you were fortunate to capture such a shy creature
Thanks for viewing and commenting.
The male seen me at all times and put up with me, but when the Doe spotted me it was off.

Nice one, beautiful creatures.
They are just entering their rutting season, so keep an eye out
Ingrid,we saw and took some(orrible) pics,no light, of sparring,def not real rutting,one a young un, maybe a month back first for me I wonder if this was just a spat or maybe the seasons are changing slightly?.Ya know i've never though of a roe buck as being a danger,,was there a warning in the above?

Gary sorry hijacking mate curious I am,great pics and good fieldraft to get them mate,I'd love these to be mine you've done really well here Roe are tricky at best and sharp as hell too.. Mate I'm a beginner especially on post processing,but two things, images look a bit crunchy (over sharp maybe big maybe there) and or noisy Mate if what I'm seeing is correct I'm seeing something and yes I realise iso 5000(you did do really well here) maybe someone with more knowledge can help

Fair play mate Roe can be so hard to get close to,despite the buck being cool with you ,you really did well to get these,I'd be chuffed as hell.

stu

Ingrid,we saw and took some(orrible) pics,no light, of sparring,def not real rutting,one a young un, maybe a month back first for me I wonder if this was just a spat or maybe the seasons are changing slightly?.Ya know i've never though of a roe buck as being a danger,,was there a warning in the above?

No warning Stu, just that there may be some interesting shots to be had now you know ere they hang out.
No change in seasons for the Roe deer rut, that always kick off around now

No warning Stu, just that there may be some interesting shots to be had now you know ere they hang out.
No change in seasons for the Roe deer rut, that always kick off around now
Thanks mate much appreciated:)

Gary sorry hijacking mate curious I am,great pics and good fieldraft to get them mate,I'd love these to be mine you've done really well here Roe are tricky at best and sharp as hell too.. Mate I'm a beginner especially on post processing,but two things, images look a bit crunchy (over sharp maybe big maybe there) and or noisy Mate if what I'm seeing is correct I'm seeing something and yes I realise iso 5000(you did do really well here) maybe someone with more knowledge can help

Fair play mate Roe can be so hard to get close to,despite the buck being cool with you ,you really did well to get these,I'd be chuffed as hell.

stu
Thanks for viewing and commenting, it is appreciated.
I think I have over sharpened these images.
The noise problem is some thing I can hopeful sort in PP.
I took some shortcuts in my original PP hence the problem with noise and over sharpening.
Will return to these images in PS and redo them.

Gary,call me stu, bro, everyone does. .Mate this is way better for me, as before buddy I'm not good enough at post to be able to help in how to get there.By the look of it you have more skill in post than I,but,I do have eyes. For me Gary this is so much better,the noise is way better and the buck looks like is has fur now not spikes.

Mate hope you don't mind someone of lesser ability spurring you on,telling you nice shots(,which they are) ain't going to help you. Gary I feel the NR has really helped,and like very much the sharp aspect now,how do you feel about the sharpness? Gary it's very important to me you know I struggle with sharpness,I wouldn't want you to act unecessarily on my comments. and hoped more experienced voices miight chime in

Joy to see mate

take care

stu

Hi Stu, my PP skills are more than basic but no expert by any means.
I agree totally with you, the re-edited version is so much better. The sharpness and NR looks good to me.

I am glad you said something about the image, it did spur me on to improving the image.
Thanks again.

Back