My first time at the London parks

flossyplops

Read my username twice. Don't get it wrong.
Name
Heidi
Edit My Images
Yes
I took the chance to go with a friend to Bushy and Richmond last Sunday, it was a long but fantastic day. I think I prefer Bushy, Richmond was very busy and I was shocked at seeing children on three different occasions being allowed to chase the deer while their parents watched. Here are a few of my pics from the day

_MG_7323%20-%20Copy.jpg

_MG_7288%20-%20Copy.jpg

_MG_7150%20-%20Copy.jpg

_MG_6971%20-%20Copy.jpg

_MG_6924%20-%20Copy.jpg

Fantastic set - all great shots but for me #1. #2 and #4 take the cake!

Great viewing :) Well done!

Thanks for your comments, I think I shall definitely go again next year a bit earlier in the month and maybe get more of the rut as it all seems to be calming down now.

What a cracking set of shots, love #1 with all the camou on his head! #4 actually made me lol a fantastic capture. I keep promising myself to do Richmond, but never get round to it..I hadnt heard of bushy, gonna have to google that one

#4 Nice to see a different shot to the usual

Both Richmond and Bushy have their appeal.

Richmond Park is the largest London park, so finding the deer can be a task in itself (especially those who haven't visited before). I would suggest parking at Pembroke Lodge and walk east towards Pen Ponds. But it is more landscaped, so can provide more interest when there is little or no mist. It is also slightly higher so the opportunity for mist is greater than Bushy.

Bushy Park is smaller so the deer are easier to find. In fact if you park in the car park, you will see/hear the deer as you get out of the car. It is very flat, and a lot of the trees have wooden guards around them, so you have to work harder for those natural looking shots

I would suggest parking at Pembroke Lodge and walk east towards Pen Ponds.

The only issue is Pembroke Lodge Car Park gets very busy if the weather is even remotely nice. I'd be inclined to park at Sheen Gate and walk south a similar distance to the ponds. There are often large herds of deer on the fields just south of Sawyer's Hill too.

Thank you for looking and commenting :) the first car park we came across was packed with people also parking side by side and on the grass, people driving the wrong way round and causing chaos so we wished we hadn't gone in there, that was the carpark with visitor centre, toilets etc, the others weren't much better but we did find a space eventually. This was around 10.30 am.

The only issue is Pembroke Lodge Car Park gets very busy if the weather is even remotely nice. I'd be inclined to park at Sheen Gate and walk south a similar distance to the ponds. There are often large herds of deer on the fields just south of Sawyer's Hill too.

Not if you get there early enough. I was outside Richmond Gate at 6.30am, and the gates generally opened soon after (throughout October). By the time Pembroke Lodge car park was full, I was heading home. I also tend to stay away when it is the weekend. But I get your point.

The light in the trees to the left of the stag in #5 looks amazing - thats where you want to find a stag!

Love that first one. they are all good.
Have to agree with Redfan, I much prefer Richmond and always park at Pembroke Lodge, but you need to get there early when the
gates open, lovely light and the deer are far more active,
Normally stop for coffee in the Pembroke restaurant bit, the terrace has wonderful views

Back