My most viewed photo on Flickr yesterday......... Part 2

That works well Garry.

"Liking the PP presentation, be interested to know how you did it?"

Thanks, George. :)

I'd love to go into a lot of detail about how I used Photoshop to bend the fence this way and that until I got it looking the way I wanted. But the wall is actually that shape. All I had to do was a little bit of processing. Classic Neg with a touch of tonal adjustment. Oh, and a short wait for a suitable character to walk past it,

I'd love to go into a lot of detail about how I used Photoshop to bend the fence this way and that until I got it looking the way I wanted. But the wall is actually that shape. All I had to do was a little bit of processing. Classic Neg with a touch of tonal adjustment. Oh, and a short wait for a suitable character to walk past it,

Thanks for that Garry.

"For a moment there I kinda thought you were going to say that you'd forgotten just how you managed to bend the fence etc"

It's a design by Thomas Heatherwick (possibly most famous for being the author of the failed London Garden Bridge and the 2012 Olympic Cauldron) and is called 'Boiler Suit' because it encases the boiler house at Guy's hospital

FWIW I have a bunch of photos I took not long after it was completed in 2007

Last edited:
It's a design by Thomas Heatherwick (possibly most famous for being the author of the failed London Garden Bridge and the 2012 Olympic Cauldron) and is called 'Boiler Suit' because it encases the boiler house at Guy's hospital

Ah! Fascinating. And more obvious when viewed from the end. Thanks for the info.

My most viewed photo yesterday is also from SE1, although the building has been demolished since I took the picture in 2017

Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre by Rob Telford, on Flickr

It's a real shame about that. It was a market place, a meeting place, and a whole social community for quite a number of people from South and Central America.

Back