My Nephew Corey

Hi, there, first think I noticed was it's out of focus. IMO portraits must be sharp, especially the eyes. Then I noticed then the small red bits in the BG. Not overly keen on the tilt either. Also a little underexposed.

If you have, or take any others that are sharp, I'll keep an eye to for them.

Cheers.

eye by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

BEST I COULD DO

yes...all is nothing without focus where it is required
use manual focussing next time and go for the eyes...or at least the nearer of the two
processing edits are challenging..but let down by the above
i dont think there is software to really bring back the sharpness required
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Not much to add to the above comments, but maybe next time use a single point focus, concentrating on the eye nearest the camera. Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here.

S

To be honest he walked at my camera on full auto thought it came out ok.

I see where your coming from and thank you for your responses things to think about.

I played a bit more this afternoon and did exactly what has been said with single point focus on the eyes and stuffs and got some really good results.

Problem with Corey is the little bugger moves so bloody fast I couldn't keep up with manual focus haha

eye by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

BEST I COULD DO

yes...all is nothing without focus where it is required
use manual focussing next time and go for the eyes...or at least the nearer of the two
processing edits are challenging..but let down by the above
i dont think there is software to really bring back the sharpness required
cheers
geof

Thank you.

I'm still learning photoshop/Lightroom few things I need to learn like removing backgrounds properly etc.

Does look a lot better though thanks :)

Here is one, my favourite taken in the mid afternoon whilst chasing my GF around the garden!

Will also add people are not my first choice to take pictures of so i am happy for as much C&C to improve this as a friend has asked me to do lots of photos for his new business.

Corey Playing by Will Goodsell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back