my new baby!

Name
Lisa
Edit My Images
Yes
lol dont know if im referring to my new camera or the hatchlings i have captive bred! :love:

anyway.... had to take a picture with my fuji s9600 (came in post about an hour prior to taking the pic 2 days ago). appreciate this isn't 100% in focus but its the first time i have had a camera like this and the first macro shot i have ever taken in my life! And taken thru glass vivarium. Think i should have locked the focus on the head then centralised the pic!

still a beginner and welcome all comments...

lisa

DSCF0365.jpg

What a beauty!! The focus seems to have locked on the back of the head rather than the front, which has made the eye a bit soft [out of focus], though this might also be if he moved slightly, but exposure loks great on my monitor and composition is good, very natural, so just get the focus on the eye [and you knew that from your comments] and its a winner, well done. (y)

EDIT: Oh, you might need to shrink it, maximum length for forum posting is 800 pixels ;)

thanks for input.

yeah i spent about half an hour trying to remember how to post pics... and forgot to resize it in the process.
many apologies! and glad you like the pic!
And just so you know, the actual size of the hatchlings head is 11mm. no macro lenses were used just the in built macro feature on the camera...

lisa :)

Is that a chinese water dragon?

thats a good capture, and like LL said its a shame you got its back in focus rather than its head. Good effort though (y)

For your first macro shot and considering the size of it and through glass it a good attempt, actually had the head not been oof it would have been a spot on shot as LL said exposure is good and I like the composition.
Hope to see more from you soon.

peppy uk... yes this is a 2 week old waterdragon that i have captive bred myself.

and thanks for your input everyone... my tripod came this morning so hopefully this will help with my marco shots. as well as getting the focus in the right place!

saving up over next couple of weeks to get some marco lenses, but pretty impressed with the camera's on board macro facility.

lisa xx

I think I've seen your second shot first!!! :LOL: I like the second one better! :D

yeah i do too. thats why i joined the website... a little bit of advice can go a long way!

Lady R xx

Neat little chap, shame you didn't get the head in focus but hey! you're forgiven :LOL:

awww fank you xxxxx :hug:

Back