My new Bird Photography Truck

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

I bought this to drive around the Somerset Levels, as some area's I have permission on , are a tad too rough and farmland like for my car- 2,2 Tdi what more do you want?

My Mrs pointed out the registration, seemed to fit my hobby OOF ( out of focus)

well it made me smile anyway ........

ut78ejx.jpg

Les :)

The car I drive ( Ford FOCUS) matches my intension but I have to admit some of my results are OOF.

Are you going to mount a gimbal head on the drivers door to support those long lenses while most of you stay inside out of sight?

The car I drive ( Ford FOCUS) matches my intension but I have to admit some of my results are OOF.

Are you going to mount a gimbal head on the drivers door to support those long lenses while most of you stay inside out of sight?

Well of course Mike- no point having a Truck if you don't mount things on it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Great truck I would love one!

Its an ideal Bird Photography truck - powerful Turbo Diesel engine- 6 speed gear box ( manual) and air con- what's not to like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its an idea Bird Photography truck - powerful Turbo Diesel engine- 6 speed gear box ( manual) and air con- what's not to like?

My car has all those features. One thing that puts me of is the number plate OOF (out of focus) mine is a Focus so gets better there too :)
Sadly I've found a few niggling things not to like on mine.

My car has all those features. One thing that puts me of is the number plate OOF (out of focus) mine is a Focus so gets better there too :)
Sadly I've found a few niggling things not to like on mine.

well, can your Focus do 40mph across a ploughed field ??? mine can :LOL::LOL::LOL: and no faults a superb truck

My wife has a 2019 Focus not a bad little car and that is a diesel too and its silver lol

The truck number plate ( OOF) has now been replaced with my personal number plate - I took it off my BMW M5 - which I put into a ditch a few months back, still I got an amazing insurance pay out so can't complain :) Oh and my 4.2 litre Jaguar prior to that

here

tSqjUks.jpg

dRaUzyu.jpg

Les

well, can your Focus do 40mph across a ploughed field ??? mine can :LOL::LOL::LOL: and no faults a superb truck

My wife has a 2019 Focus not a bad little car and that is a diesel too and its silver lol

The truck number plate ( OOF) has now been replaced with my personal number plate - I took it off my BMW M5 - which I put into a ditch a few months back, still I got an amazing insurance pay out so can't complain

Les

It could do more than 40mph across a ploughed field for a short while, but would never after go anywhere - so I won't try that.
Fortunately ploughed fields are not on any of my routes. but I have driven sports cars (well a capri & a celica...) on tracks that weren't too far from ploughed fields in the past.

I suspected your new truck might have a few abilities related to bird photography that you hadn't listed.
The fuel consumption is the biggest factor I'd hold against it now you've changed that number plate!
Working in the oil industry & in motorsports I'm particularly conscious of my carbon footprint, but despite that I can't manage to cycle to work...

It could do more than 40mph across a ploughed field for a short while, but would never after go anywhere - so I won't try that.
Fortunately ploughed fields are not on any of my routes. but I have driven sports cars (well a capri & a celica...) on tracks that weren't too far from ploughed fields in the past.

I suspected your new truck might have a few abilities related to bird photography that you hadn't listed.
The fuel consumption is the biggest factor I'd hold against it now you've changed that number plate!
Working in the oil industry & in motorsports I'm particularly conscious of my carbon footprint, but despite that I can't manage to cycle to work...

As you can see by my previously owned cars Fuel consumption is not even on my radar-:)

I almost got one exactly the same.
Just about to put pen to paper when the sales manager came running over shouting STOP!!!!
Turns out they had deducted my trade in value twice.
As they say, if a deal sounds to good to be true then it usually is.
I saved a bit more and bought a KIA Sportage, kept that for a few years then traded that for another.
Was about to buy a third Sportage when I read in the Caravan and Motorhome magazine that by being a member of the club entitled me to £5k off the price of a new Suzuki Vitara.
A no brainer really.
So, I've had 4WD vehicles for the past 11 years and never had to use 4WD yet, despite spending a lot of my days off in the Cairngorms Nation Park and around rural Aberdeenshire:rolleyes:

Just seen these,Les. Very smart BMW. Sad end to it. It's the 4.2 for me all day,though. ...Lovely car.Looks like that's gone too.

The Nissan looks ideal for the job..

Just seen these,Les. Very smart BMW. Sad end to it. It's the 4.2 for me all day,though. ...Lovely car.Looks like that's gone too.

The Nissan looks ideal for the job..

Yes John, Very sad end to the BMW M5 mate - I sold the Jaguar a month or too back- it was the Jaguar S type R - what a very quick and yet comfortable motor. sluggish when compared to the Beamer though

I had a Land rover Discovery 3.9 litre V8 too :) Sold that as the fuel consumption off road was abysmal, the X trail does ok 2.2 TDi and I don't mind getting it muddy :) :)

Les

PS I do have a thing for Silver cars too

Back