My new form of transport

Big VW fan myself and that looks like a really tidy example.

Only really let down by the 2 rusty screws fixing the front numberplates. Get them changed and it will look spot on.

Plate being changed once log book returned and I can get my personal plate on it. Screws are rusty and rounded off and a smooth head - think going to stick new ones on.

Perry, looks like a bargain. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh later this week.

Get those plates changed asap though.

Doug

Love Vw's! and i love mk3 Golf gti's. I was looking at getting a polo from the same time, but after looking at insurance for me, it's only £100 more for a 2.0 16v Golf then a 1.4 16v Polo. £500 is a steal for one of these,especially in such a nice condition as your's. But I agree with Doug, first thing is first. Look at getting new plates!

John

Never thought of PGP until you said it - I have P3RYG to go on once log book sorted.

Used to sell them back then and believe it or not that car in 16v 3dr guise with factory roof would have been £16K plus. The 1999 "rip off Britain" campaign shook up a lot of motor manufacturers and quite rightfully so.

The basic 1.0 Polo 3dr was £7995 back then !!

Back