Critique My new pup

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Tri colour Border collie 12 weeks old , I'm looking for help in the edit with it ? I think its pretty good but could be better.IMG_0454.jpg taken with 1dx mk2 70-200 f2.8 ,flash off camera left.

Last edited:
Lovely dog and a good image of him/her too.

The background is a little distracting. It is what it is and not bad but I would definately get rid of the white bar that's starts just above the nose. I'd be tempted to do the same with the lighter area just to the left of the ear although that one isn't so distracting.

The 2 leaves to the very bottom left also draw my attention from the dog, the yellow one and the one above it.

Apart from those things, it's a nice image, maybe a little sublte on the contrast but it's ok as is. The whites on the chest are pretty well controlled and I wouldn't call them blown, bright maybe but not blown. There is still plenty of detail there. I also think the dog is well placed in the frame, with plenty of space in front of it.

Maybe ask a mod to put it in the domesticated forum for you? (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply will have ago on the white bar,
Mods can you move please to domesticated.

Thanks I'm not that good a photoshop still a lot to learn ,and thanks mods for moving to the right section .

and thanks mods for moving to the right section .
No problem :)

As for the image, there is also a lot of wasted space, I'd be inclined to take maybe an inch off the RHS (that is behind the dog)
And follow the dogs line of sight, to the top of the image, and then crop off just beyond there. I think your'll find that will also "tidy it up"
You have "edit no" so I can't show you what I mean.

No problem :)

As for the image, there is also a lot of wasted space, I'd be inclined to take maybe an inch off the RHS (that is behind the dog)
And follow the dogs line of sight, to the top of the image, and then crop off just beyond there. I think your'll find that will also "tidy it up"
You have "edit no" so I can't show you what I mean.

Just changed so feel free to edit please.

Just changed so feel free to edit please.
That edit is pretty much what I meant I think it looks better, but do you? thats the important thing.

You can always make it pop a little more, using either the shadow / highlights tool or the levels tool, or even a combination of both.
And a little "sharpen" I prefer to use USM ( Photoshop)
Just be careful not to take it too far and "Blow out" whites though...
HTH?

BG1I3215-Edit-.jpg

Last edited:
Back