My pics 2015.

Flickr has messed them up again, may have to change hosting site.

No better, need to sort this hosting thing out.

It's took awhile but looks as if all the effort is going to pay off. Look forward to getting some decent shots of it [emoji106]

It's took awhile but looks as if all the effort is going to pay off. Look forward to getting some decent shots of it [emoji106]
Would not have seen it if in the hide Gary, came in like a missile, flapped around the feeder cage and sat on that old mossy stump. Wasn`t expecting it so stuff in the way,wrong lens and everything else that could go wrong.

Came in four times in two hours.

Might need a change of the setup to give a good clear view

Might need a change of the setup to give a good clear view
If I park the car where we usually turn around, move some stuff about, we should be ok pal. We`ll have a chat next weekend?

Do not know how I missed this thread Ade, a very interesting informative thread.

Love the shot of the Curlew about to land on the grass. The D750 is working well for you Ade, I am
in love with mine.

Do not know how I missed this thread Ade, a very interesting informative thread.

Love the shot of the Curlew about to land on the grass. The D750 is working well for you Ade, I am
in love with mine.
Cheers Mike, I have been using the AF group setting for BIF shots, it nailed a sequence of 8 shots of the curlew landing, did not shoot through once, also nailed loads of them in flight as well. The 500 is blindingly fast with this bodies af ability. Very impressed with the 750.

Cheers Mike, I have been using the AF group setting for BIF shots, it nailed a sequence of 8 shots of the curlew landing, did not shoot through once, also nailed loads of them in flight as well. The 500 is blindingly fast with this bodies af ability. Very impressed with the 750.

I notice the same Ade, once its locked on it stays there, one thing about the D750 I also noticed is how far you can crop into an image and
keep good detail. I done some huge crop of a bird I got yesterday in poor light, still quite good detail considering. The D750 with the 500mm as far as im concerned is a perfect match, mine usually has the 1.4 converter on most of the time as well.

Love this thread Ade like others before not sure how I missed it

I notice the same Ade, once its locked on it stays there, one thing about the D750 I also noticed is how far you can crop into an image and
keep good detail. I done some huge crop of a bird I got yesterday in poor light, still quite good detail considering. The D750 with the 500mm as far as im concerned is a perfect match, mine usually has the 1.4 converter on most of the time as well.
Sounds like you`re set up the same as me Mike. Have though about that new sigma, but think i`ll stick to the IQ of the prime.

Love this thread Ade like others before not sure how I missed it

Thanks Adam, stay tooned.

Sounds like you`re set up the same as me Mike. Have though about that new sigma, but think i`ll stick to the IQ of the prime.

Thanks Adam, stay tooned.

Im subscribed now so won't miss it again (I think it's because it was in wild and free and I mainly look in bird section)

Im subscribed now so won't miss it again (I think it's because it was in wild and free and I mainly look in bird section)
my annual thread gets a bit diverse so I post it in here rather than the bird section.

Love the 1st Curlew :)
thanks roger, they look better on Flickr than on here.

Last edited:
Very nice light in that last red squirrel shot.
Thanks Phil, looks better on Flickr, dunno what the hell is going on from there to here, but certainly odd and I have tried various things to sort it,without success.

Thanks Phil, looks better on Flickr, dunno what the hell is going on from there to here, but certainly odd and I have tried various things to sort it,without success.

I've just been flicking between the image in TP and the image in Flickr. It's subtle but I'd say the green is more vivid it the TP image.

I've just been flicking between the image in TP and the image in Flickr. It's subtle but I'd say the green is more vivid it the TP image.
Could be me or my comp then mate, but they look a lot softer on here,is that not the case?

Could be me or my comp then mate, but they look a lot softer on here,is that not the case?

They look pretty equal on that front on my PC.

By that I mean the TP one doesn't seem to have become softer than what I'm seeing on Flickr 803 x 547

They look pretty equal on that front on my PC.

By that I mean the TP one doesn't seem to have become softer than what I'm seeing on Flickr
Hmmmmm..............I uploaded that too Flickr at its original size of 803 pixels on the long side, picked the code at original size, yet when |I post it here,the shot looks enlarged and lacking detail.

I think i`ll just smash my face in with a large hammer...or ask @Marcel to save me some pain. Please.

The TP shot doesn't appear any bigger to me.

Flickr shows original as 803 x 547

When I right click the image in TP and select 'get image info' it says the TP version is 800 x 545

Glad you like them, I took Mrs Fracster up there today, cheeky little beggers were walking over her shoes and legs whilst she was sat down.

There was a stoat knocking about so not too many reds about, but here is another I quite like:

Red squirrel April 1 by www.wildlifenorthwest.co.uk, on Flickr
Good to see you are getting regular visits from the Reds. I like the lighting on that one too.

Good to see you are getting regular visits from the Reds. I like the lighting on that one too.
Thanks Charlie, good to see you`re still fit and well.

Like the Peregrine shot Ade.
Which side of the cliff face are they nesting this time?
Same as last year mate, which is good in one respect, no point getting up early as no light until after 1100.

We need to catch up soon and finalise plans for Uist pal.

Yep, times cracking on. Got a few idea`s to talk about.

Things coming to life this past week on river, Little ringed Plover`s, Sandmartins and Common Sandpiper all showing well.

Give you a bell this next week.

ok. Sand martins back nesting yet Lee?

Last edited:
One or two having a look at a few holes, but to early yet Ade.
A lot of erosion over the winter on the main bank down from Altham bridge, but a few other spot`s looking good.
no work this week, so i'll have a look down there. May get lucky again.
Bell you tomorrow evening, arrange a chat, over a beer?

Scruffy looking sika hinds still in wintercoat, there was approx 70 out and about yesterday. Won`t see that many for a while as they tend to drift off alone when they are ready for calving. Calves usually appear end of May early June. The one to the right does not look to be pregnant, though she may be late.

Sika Hinds April 1 by www.wildlifenorthwest.co.uk, on Flickr

Not easy so you got him well, I've been trying to catch Swallows over the water this morning but not a chance ... mind you I had the 1.7x on so possibly explains partly why. :)

Not easy so you got him well, I've been trying to catch Swallows over the water this morning but not a chance ... mind you I had the 1.7x on so possibly explains partly why. :)
problem is mate, you need something small and light to even try to track the beggars, fast af works as well, d750 struggles with these.

Back