My recent work on film

Name
Jay
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, I haven't posted in a long time and so thought I'd share some of my recent work.
Since starting a photog course I've been gripped by film for the aesthetic quality and practical involvement, here are some of my images.

KODAK 200 (poundland)
Influenced by HCB, simple geometry:

Untitled by jpay01, on Flickr

Influenced by Paul Strangd, shadow abstraction:

Street shot:

Ilford pan 200:

Richborough PowerStations by jpay01, on Flickr

Jason Pay, looking for feedback...

Not at all, in fact I like them a lot, particularly the first shot, lovely stuff. Sometimes it takes a while for people to comment in this section, you know what its like with film, slow and steady wins the day. :D

Andy

It's just slow all round on the crit. front - i've had a shot up for 4 days now "senza commenti".

Liked the first one, second one just doesn't do anything for me, third, i'd have either hid the face completely or not at all (but what the hell do I know - I go out of my way to avoid people in my pictures) 4th needed a sky when you took it I'm afraid and the last one hasn't really got anything that "grabs me" either - maybe if you could explain a little more what you were trying to do with the shot??

(sorry if thats a little brief/terse - but if you want detailed critique, you'd really be better posting a single shot, and if it's something that doesn't obviously "stand alone" maybe a short couple of paragraphs of explaination of Why you shot it.)

1) I like this one, it's nicely composed and the colours are lovely. It's an interesting image

2) This one has grown on me, but I think it needs a bit more contrast.

3) Works for me, nice candid.

4) There's plenty of scope for photography here, but i think you've missed the mark with this one. While the exposure and contrast are fine, the composition is neither here nor there - you're too far away to capture any details, and too near to get the wider scene.

5) Bit of an odd effect, not really too my tastes.

Hope this helps.

First one is great. Very Egglestone. Can't say anything more about it really.

Not sure about two. I can see the Strand influence, but not much else.

Three is almost interesting, four does nothing for me, I agree with Andy on it.

Can't see five.

Sorry if that's a bit brief, haha, I'm not in a writey mood today!

EDIT: Can see five now and I like it a lot. Goes strangely well with the first, I'm not quite sure why. The colours, maybe.

One and five are your strongest IMO, both very good.

-J

Last edited:
Back