My Son. Thought i'd have a little play about with the new lights

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:

The little fellow was happy to put up a show for you! :)

I think you may consider tweaking down the light source
power or, since you protected the highlights pretty well, ren-
der the shot somewhat darker as the blacks are not really
black using the tonal taming approach.

I love the Iron Man take! (y)

Yeah he was loving it and followed direction really well.
Ive never used the lights before and I've barely used the Sony A7R2 as well so it was all an experience for me. I don't know if I really wanted another light to go behind and get rid of the shadows completely i struggled with them.
I didn't think the blacks were too bad but I suppose I need to see it on different screens to really notice as I don't think mines up to much.

I think number one is a brilliant capture.

Really like the Batman photos but number 1 definitely shows more character to me. Nice set :cool:

Love them all all. I'm with most though number 1 looks amazing and i'm guessing he does that funny shape with is mouth all the time so that makes it very him.
Do love the Ironman one though just because you have them arms flying out at ya gives the images some life and impact.

Do you not have enough space to come away from any background surface so the light will not hit it, leaving you with a dark background ?

Gaz

Love them all all. I'm with most though number 1 looks amazing and i'm guessing he does that funny shape with is mouth all the time so that makes it very him.
Do love the Ironman one though just because you have them arms flying out at ya gives the images some life and impact.

Do you not have enough space to come away from any background surface so the light will not hit it, leaving you with a dark background ?

Gaz
Hi Gaz, I was in his room so the space was of a premium although it's 12 foot long with all the equipment working with like 8 I reckon. I needed the lights brighter to get rid of the shadows which some have done. Or him a little further.

Yes he does that pose alot so it was good from that point of view and I've printed it and stick it on the wall all mounted and framed (A3). I don't have a 50mm lens and I didn't want to use the 35mm lens for it so was stuck with the 85mm.
First time using the Sony and the lights and noticed the buffer issue which did annoy me when trying to take lots of shots. Just wanted to kick myself after some of the vignette and shadows. I'm only amateur and don't get paid and finding models is hard as I'm unsociable and don't make friends hahaha

i just hate all my work after about half hour

Hate, who's got time for that?

So, left is kicking… if you really wanna be good at it or
re-shoot… for the same reason, with a hero at home. :cool:

First time using the Sony and the lights and noticed the buffer issue which did annoy me when trying to take lots of shots. Just wanted to kick myself after some of the vignette and shadows. I'm only amateur and don't get paid and finding models is hard as I'm unsociable and don't make friends hahaha

Love the expression on that first one. The imbalance of the lighting at the top of the frame is a bit distracting to my eye but definitely not a deal breaker.

Like you I'm very much an amateur and this is just a hobby. My pics are mainly of the kids. Would love to shoot different folk but can't justify paying for a model on a home shoot!!

Back