B&W My Street Portraits ***Complete*** 15 July 2016

I said it over on my main 100 strangers thread, I seem to be on something of a roll with my project these past few weeks. I might even have it finished this side of Christmas ;)

Results from today are posted below.

Kalman
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Sanaa
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

I said it over on my main 100 strangers thread, I seem to be on something of a roll with my project these past few weeks. I might even have it finished this side of Christmas ;)

Results from today are posted below.

Kalman
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Sanaa
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Two more "Cracking" images Iain, lovely expressions, and extremely good mono conversions.(y)

George.

Two more "Cracking" images Iain, lovely expressions, and extremely good mono conversions.(y)

George.

Thanks George (y)
My project is nearing an end thankfully but as much as I wish to park it, I still wish to keep to the standards I've set myself and not rush to a finish.

Today I was shooting in a photography competition in Chelmsford.
It was the Chelmsford Photo Marathon, 12 different themes in 6 hours. It was a lot tougher to achieve than I first thought.

I managed to complete the 12 themes with about 10 minutes to spare :)
I haven't had a proper look at the photographs just yet but will get around to it.

I couldn't help myself when I was shooting for one of the themes at an underpass under a busy road I noticed an interesting stranger so distracted from the competition I had to ask to make a portrait, result posted below.

Kerry
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

A late start at work today allowed me the opportunity to get out to shoot my project beforehand. It was a productive day, well photographically it was ;)

Results are shown below.

Sophie
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Laura
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

a couple of steps closer to completing this series of portraits.

I know you had a good run with this project and
you may rightfully want to tackle some other new
project but

I hereby declare this is a big mistake, an horrible
and terrible mistake as I could, like all other mem-
bers, have the surprise of your new faces that were
such pleasing discoveries.

Very selfishly yours, Kodiak. ;)

I know you had a good run with this project and
you may rightfully want to tackle some other new
project but

I hereby declare this is a big mistake, an horrible
and terrible mistake as I could, like all other mem-
bers, have the surprise of your new faces that were
such pleasing discoveries.

Very selfishly yours, Kodiak. ;)

Thanks for such kind comments Daniel, it's not a done deal and I may well continue.
It's still under consideration ;)

Another two very nice shots Iain, liking them both very much and well up to your usual standard. Love the cheeky type of expression in the first shot.(y)

George.

Another two very nice shots Iain, liking them both very much and well up to your usual standard. Love the cheeky type of expression in the first shot.(y)

George.

Thanks George (y)
Sophie had a certain confidence about her which I think comes across in her portrait.

Following a late night/early morning finish at work yesterday I decided to take a trip down to Brighton in order that I might complete this, my second round of 100 strangers.

A lovely day weather wise and I wasn't disappointed photography wise either. Brighton has such a rich mix of people and I was spoiled for choice on shooting locations too.

Results from yesterday are posted below.

As mentioned in the title, my street portraits project is now complete. More specifically, my second round of 100 strangers is complete, these were the B&W conversions from that project.
It took a little longer than the first round. First portrait of this round was taken 3rd June 2015 last one yesterday, 15 July 2016.
Here are the 100 strangers in all their wonderfully diverse glory. I have really enjoyed meeting each and every one of these fantastic individuals.

100 Strangers R2 B&W resize
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

There's really only one response to this...

I'll be sad that there's no more of these to come.

But mostly; congratulations on a truly inspiring project. You've given a lot of people a lot of pleasure with this set. :notworthy:

There's really only one response to this...

I'll be sad that there's no more of these to come.

But mostly; congratulations on a truly inspiring project. You've given a lot of people a lot of pleasure with this set. :notworthy:

Thanks @Phil V (y)
I'm a little sad myself that the parent project to these portraits is complete.

Such kind comments, much appreciated, thanks again.

Congratulations.
Great to see you've finished the project there are some truly great images in there but at the same time a little sad that it's over.
I hope you will continue posting portraits, you've definitely got an eye for it.

Congratulations.
Great to see you've finished the project there are some truly great images in there but at the same time a little sad that it's over.
I hope you will continue posting portraits, you've definitely got an eye for it.

Thanks Mark.
I will definitely continue with people photography but not sure in which format.

Fantastic, thoroughly enjoyed these two projects.

Maybe another one at some point is beckoning? ;)

Thanks Wez.
Another 100? I will have to see, I'm not sure at the moment.

I am super sad to see this end. Fantastic images all the way through without exception!

Thanks Anthony, such kind comments, much appreciated.

I'll add my congratulations to the many others - an epic body of work.

I'm intrigued to see what you come up with next.

@juggler
Thanks Simon, your kind comments are much appreciated.
I have a few ideas for what's next but I'm not sure of the practicalities of one of them.
It requires carting a chair about making people's portraits whilst sat/stood by the chair. The chair will be the common element running through the series!

@juggler
Thanks Simon, your kind comments are much appreciated.
I have a few ideas for what's next but I'm not sure of the practicalities of one of them.
It requires carting a chair about making people's portraits whilst sat/stood by the chair. The chair will be the common element running through the series!

Splendid! I seem to remember someone has done exactly that with a 3 chair bench such as you might find in a bus stop but my google-fu is letting me down.

Splendid! I seem to remember someone has done exactly that with a 3 chair bench such as you might find in a bus stop but my google-fu is letting me down.

Haha, I thought a chair ambitious enough but a bench? Now that's impressive!
I have a notion for it being environmental type portraits with the added twist of a bright white chair as a prop.
Just not sure if it has enough to make a project of it and essentially where the subjects are going to come from!

Back