Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 190 mm
ISO Speed: 500

Thanks for looking!

Jo
xxxx

looks like they need a good rub-down to me
poor little things!

great pictures though - nature can be harsh as well as beautiful(y)

Inside, do I look daft? :LOL: But seriously they were taken from my office window :)

Thanks all :)

You think so Ian? :shrug: I daren't push them more than I already have without losing quality ...

What a great set Jo :clap: I do agree with Ian they are slightly on the dark side but all wonderful captures. I especially love No2 Blue Tit, what a pose :LOL:

I see what you mean now Ian, thanks. I'm always too cautious when it comes to over brightening I think.

just keep an eye on the histogram when you do adjust Jo, if using Photoshop you can move the right pointer over a little and then tweak the centre one a little, just watch you dont overdo it and all will be fine ! :)

See there's the thing. I don't have Photoshop :shrug: I'm using Paintshop pro photo x2 and from checking just now I can't see anywhere to view or adjust the histogram. I'll have a proper look later.

I'm pretty sure you can see the histogram in PSP Jo but I haven't used it recently. If you cant find it let me know and I'll have a look

very soggy, very good shots

Jo, for the histogram in Paintshop pro photo x2 you want : adjust, brightness and contrast, histogram adjustment.
OR, ctrl + shift + h.

Shot one says it all great capture.

Peter

LOL. Nicely done Jo!

I use an ancient copy of PSP7 and I stick with it because I'm so used to it, despite having CS2 and other later PSP packages. It doesn't have a draggable histogram, but what it does have is gamma adjustment, highlight, mid tone and shadow adjustment as well as the brightness and contrast adjustment you'd expect.

You should be able to easily achieve a result by just raising the gamma a little and slightly adjusting the highlight, mid tone and shadow sliders. Ian's edit is about right - a smidge light perhaps?

Thanks for the help with the brightness folks :) I'll remember it for next time (y)

CT I do use the highlight, mid tone and shadow adjuster as well as brightness and contrast adjuster. I personally don't see a reason to shell out all those ££'s for PS when my PSPPx2 seems to have all the tools I need. :) It's just annoying that every free disc you get with a certain photography mag is PS orientated :LOL:

Edit:
Jo, for the histogram in Paintshop pro photo x2 you want : adjust, brightness and contrast, histogram adjustment.
OR, ctrl + shift + h.

Well doh! I have used that before! I just totally forgot about it being there! :LOL:

Last edited:
Couldn't agree with you more Jo actually. :D

they all look pretty underexposed to me too. best to get it right in camera.

Hard to pick a favourite from this series Jo, all cracking shots, (no. 1 if I really have to).

Bit dissapointed though, from the thread title I had high hopes of a wet T-shirt shot, maybe just me :thinking:

Thanks again everyone ;) Thankfully my tits have dried out today :LOL: They look all cute and fluffy again :love:

Great shots, seem very sharp - even in the dull weather! Might I ask which lens these were taken with?

dfrear sure... Sigma 70-300mm DG (none APO), cheapo lens in other words ;) I'm still saving for a long L prime, but this is doing the job for now.

Back