My Toyota GT86

Edit My Images
Yes
I got this car about 6 weeks ago and i have been wanting to get some shots of it in a nice location so we spent the Easter weekend in the Lake District so took the opportunity to get these shots in. I have never done this type of photography before so please go easy on me with the comments.
Equipment used was a Nikon D500 with a Nikon 17-55mm f2.8 DX, some hand held and some on a tripod.

1/
DSC_7705 by Philip Whitehead, on Flickr

2/
DSC_7704 by Philip Whitehead, on Flickr

3/
DSC_7683 by Philip Whitehead, on Flickr

4/
DSC_7727 by Philip Whitehead, on Flickr

5/
DSC_7702 by Philip Whitehead, on Flickr

Maybe, Phillip, you should ask to have your
thread transferred in the proper section…
you would have better response. :cool:

Think perhaps a CP filter would help with the windscreen and i would have of waited for the cyclists to pass out of shot. Nice car though (y)

1 and 4 work well for me, I like the blurry cyclist as a bit of role-reversal and 4 is a nice composition although a touch more sky might work well, in fact they are all quite tight at the top.

Not such a fan of the jaunty angle in 3 and 5 doesn't really do anything as it is just a view of the back of the car; if we could have seen the imminent descent properly it would have added a sense of drama, but we can't.

1. Needs a bit more room at the front of the car, I like the slow shutter with the cyclist but you could have dropped your iso and used an ever slower speed.

2. Works quite well with cyclist behind filling the dead space.

3. Not too much of a tilt and the road disappearing on the left is good.

4. Probably needs just a little more room around the car.

Good start and great location.

No4 for me - I love how the bg rock mimics the shape of the car :)

The car looks a slightly different colour in each photo, what whitebalance setting was on?
For me the cyclist detracts from the image : i.e. better without the cyclist.

Number 4 = 7727 is my favourite. Best light (actually the only one less than dull), best colour, good composition with the giant rock.

Back