My Volvo 850R

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Bought this the other weekend, my second 850, the first being a T5, owning that egged me on to look for a tidy R model :)

Spent a couple of days machine polishing the paint (the scuffed wing is in hand), so popped out to take some pics yesterday.

Not great location, and less than ideal timing (midday sun). Worse thing for me was the excessive noise I seem to have picked up, all shot at ISO100, never had a problem before. Going to pop out today looking for a more industrial location.

But for now:

Volvo 850R by Hallsy01, on Flickr

I realise they are not the most interesting of shots, but they were taken to show her off on a Volvo forum as well. Hopefully I can find a bit more of an interesting location today :)

I don't know really Kev - my car photography lately has been a little flat.

As I say, I think with these, as I was also posting them on a Volvo forum, I was concentrating on the car rather than the picture as a whole. That location gives nothing really, and in the midday sun, no cloud, dark car, stark sky - it just didn't really happen, lol!!! Seemed to be suffering with haze a bit, but also like I said, getting some noise on the car in 1, 2 & 3. Still need to buy a CPL for this lens, just not got round to it!

newbie alert! what do you mean by noise?

dont know what im talking about photography wise, but as far as showing off the car, they do the job well! very tidy looking car for its age. not my fave car in the world lol, but very tidy nonetheless.

nice work with the polisher!!

g

newbie alert! what do you mean by noise?

dont know what im talking about photography wise, but as far as showing off the car, they do the job well! very tidy looking car for its age. not my fave car in the world lol, but very tidy nonetheless.

nice work with the polisher!!

g

noise is the term used when a photograph becomes grainy due to low resolution ect..

I think due to the sharp lines on the volvo it would be suited to some kind of industrial type location. Still think you've done a good job despite conditions (y)

Funny you say that Kev, I was looking for something industrial today, there were some nice locations on our local industrial estate but need to get up there when no-one's around! Maybe I'll have a look tomorrow.

Back