My WEC Shots - Just adding to the TP WEC Pool

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Sunday was my first proper outing for my new 7Dii so it was a bit of a trail & error session.

Canon 7D Mk ii + Canon 70-300L used for all shots.

So far I've only got through half my photos but here are a selection of my current favourites.

1)
DBC_6219 by david.cane, on Flickr

2)
DBC_5969 by david.cane, on Flickr

3)
DBC_5653 by david.cane, on Flickr

4)
DBC_5497 by david.cane, on Flickr

5)
DBC_4278 by david.cane, on Flickr

6)
DBC_3980 by david.cane, on Flickr

7)
DBC_5415 by david.cane, on Flickr

8)
DBC_3933 by david.cane, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice shots, I especially liked the first and last one.

Shame the Nissan wasn't there, but I thoroughly enjoyed my day of racing!

Nice photos i really like number 8 great photo, how did you find the 7d mkii?

The 7Dii was really good. I had my 5D3 in my bag but made a point of not using it as I wanted to get a full day of shooting without succumbing to the seduction of Full Frame.

All of these shots are exports from Lightroom using smart previews as the source. I'll update them when I get home tonight with the images from the full size files, saved on my NAS.

I still haven't got my head around the AF Preset Cases so on occasion was wondering if I could have used a different case. I also shot JPEG only for the first time to try and cut down on the storage and processing time for RAWs when using a camera that shoots at 10fps. I came home with 3800 images. So far I've culled 800 and hope to scrap another 1000 tonight.

When I cranked the shutter speed up, the shots are sharp so I'm happy that the AF is performing its magic correctly. It's the slow shutter speed work where I need to improve.

Seeing some of the stunning shots other people have got from Silverstone this weekend I realise that I need to get more creative with my motorsport photography.

Last edited:
Back