My Year in the fast lane

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

It seems every year I do one of these wrap-ups they get closer and closer together :( I must be old now. It's coming up to 10 years now since I picked up my first DSLR and a lot has happened in those years - hopefully the pictures continue to improve :D

Anyway, here's a selection from 2018, shooting British GT and WEC trackside with a couple of speccy trips to the F1 and Blancpain.

C&C more than welcome as always...

1. It started out in March with the British GT Media Day
RJN Motorsport - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 - Devon Modell - Struan Moore by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. Then the traditional rain began in Oulton Park
#33 Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Jon Minshaw, Phil Keen British GT Championship - Oulton Park by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. ...and it didnt stop until after Rockingham
Balfe Motorsport - McLaren 650S GT3 - Shaun Balfe - Rob Bell British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. ...where it stopped forever
Tristan Vautier, Adam Christodoulou, Raffaele Marciello - Mercedes-AMG Team Akka ASP - Mercedes-AMG GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. Too much sun
Samantha Young - Demon Tweeks Barwell Motorsport by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Snetterton looked good though
#116 ERC Sport - Mercedes-AMG GT3 - Lee Mowle, Yelmer Buurman British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. Where I learnt Struan Moore loves tom & Jerry
#24 RJN Motorsport - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 - Ricardo Sanchez, Struan Moore British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. Nicki Thiim looks like a bad ass
#11 TF Sport - Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 - Nicki Thiim British GT Championship - Silverstone by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

9. The only time a Mclaren looked fast this year was when I vomited Photoshop all over it XD
Stoffel Vandoorne - Mclaren by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

10. Brand's was literally too hot for photography
#99 Beechdean AMR - Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

11. It's a tough job but someones gotta do it :D
#92 Porsche GT Team Porsche 911 RSR: Michael Christensen, Kevin Estre World Endurance Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

12. The new Aston looks good...
#95 Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Vantage AMR: Marco Sorensen, Nicki Thiim World Endurance Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

13. ...Really Good!
#97 Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Vantage AMR: Alex Lynn, Maxime Martin World Endurance Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

14. The BMW wasn't as big as the memes
BMW Vs. Aston Martin by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

15. Pink Lambo's... Nice :D
#69 Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Sam De Haan, Jonny Cocker by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

16. Flick Haigh... The first woman to take GT3 Championship Honours in British GT
#11 Optimum Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 - Flick Haigh, Jonny Adam by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Thanks very much for looking.. more on FLickr and Instagram if you're so inclined :)

Last edited:
How is it that you just keep getting so much better!?!?!

Really liking your pit shots this year and considering the conditions and dispite the fact it's one of your trademark angles no 10 still just suprised me. (y)

No 9 blows me away.

They ALL blow me away, Jesus Christ, I've so much to learn ... depressing and inspiring at the same time!

As always great images and unreal processing skills. Hard to pick a favourite from these but your pitlane shots are excellent.

You have skills. Shots are great and the processing excellent.

Last edited:
I concur with everyone else; stunning shots.

Stunningly good work.

GC

Wow, what a series. Impressive stuff (y)

Fantastic, 9,11 and 16 shade it for me, I'd love to see 5 in colour :)

How is it that you just keep getting so much better!?!?!

Really liking your pit shots this year and considering the conditions and dispite the fact it's one of your trademark angles no 10 still just suprised me. (y)

Hahaha I think it's marginal gains, still have a lot of points through year where I kick myself for not doing something better... haha glad you're not blighted with neck ache ;)

No 9 blows me away.

Glad you like it :D

They ALL blow me away, Jesus Christ, I've so much to learn ... depressing and inspiring at the same time!

Very kind of you... it's all just practice, I still feel like that looking at my contemporaries too :)

As always great images and unreal processing skills. Hard to pick a favourite from these but your pitlane shots are excellent.

Thanks mate, the pit stuff is always nice to do for variety but I'm still not very consistant when it comes to getting the shot I set out to.

You have skills. Shots are great and the processing excellent.

Hahaha thanks very much

Another great year Jonny, you go from strength to strength.

Cheers Neil, here's hoping :D

These are mind blowingly good :D

CHeers :D

Excellent set, love the pit shots. :)

Thanks very much :)

Stunning. Very stunning.

Thanks mate

I concur with everyone else; stunning shots.

Very kind of you sir!

Stunningly good work.

GC

Cheers Pal

Wow, what a series. Impressive stuff (y)

Thanks mate, I appreciate the feedback :) Glad you like them

Fantastic, 9,11 and 16 shade it for me, I'd love to see 5 in colour :)

Hahaha thanks... sadly the tones dont work as well so prefered the impact of the B+W

Well done Jonny another cracking year for you. Your processing has always stood out to me as well as your panning skills with the long lenses, would love to se some wider action too.

Awesome work.

Thanks mate! :)

The pit lane shots are extraordinary.

Cheers, glad you like them.. the pits are a nice bonus of being accredited i'm not gonna lie

Very impressive set of images.

Thanks very much

Most impressive! :clap:

Cheers pal! :)

Excellent photography

Thanks

Well done Jonny another cracking year for you. Your processing has always stood out to me as well as your panning skills with the long lenses, would love to se some wider action too.

Cheers Paul, I did work some wider stuff this year but I didnt wanna go too overboard filling the thread with images XD

I think that's your best work yet!

Hahaha cheers Mike good to hear but i'm not so sure... still got a long way to go :D

Like all of those - particularly the McLaren and Samantha.

Is it me, or is the colour of the 95 Aston a bit... Off?

Last edited:
Hahaha thanks mate, it has got a little colour shift thanks to my edit (I think I made it look better hahaha)

Lets face it, you couldn't really make Vomit yellow look any worse...

Back