Myllykoski Rapids, Oulanka National Park

Could just be me but there seems to be something slightly "unreal" about the edge of the water/snow, over sharpened may be but it might have actually looked like that. Otherwise a lovely scene.

Saw your other one Matty, which is superb, but this one has it for me - good composition and tones, and it just screams, "Cold"

Dave

Lovely image. I'm liking that, along with others on your Flickr account.

Fantastic the monotone hue, with that hint of warmth in the wood of the cabin. Top notch

I like that I love the tones and movement

Really like this shot well done!

Thanks very much, would have liked a little more snow on the trees, but I guess I am being picky

Could just be me but there seems to be something slightly "unreal" about the edge of the water/snow, over sharpened may be but it might have actually looked like that. Otherwise a lovely scene.

I've not applied any sharpening to this, it does look authentic to the RAW file, so it must just be the appearance of the ice. Thank you though

Saw your other one Matty, which is superb, but this one has it for me - good composition and tones, and it just screams, "Cold"

Dave

Thanks Dave, it's feels like a very Finnish scene to me, but with some unfrozen water, which is quite the novelty north of the Arctic circle!!

Lovely image. I'm liking that, along with others on your Flickr account.

Thanks very much dude, much appreciated

Fantastic the monotone hue, with that hint of warmth in the wood of the cabin. Top notch

Cheers, It's a commonly shot scene by Finnish photographers, but one I had to go and get myself.

I like that I love the tones and movement

Thanks Alf, was quite tricky holding still on the swing bridge while taking this, to ensure there was no wobble during the long exposure!

Blimey Matty I thought your dropped off the edge of the earth! That's a lovely shot love the composition. Has great tones as Alf said.
Are you still working up there as a guide?
Was up at Alta and Tromso Last year back up again the beginning of next year....
(y)

Blimey Matty I thought your dropped off the edge of the earth! That's a lovely shot love the composition. Has great tones as Alf said.
Are you still working up there as a guide?
Was up at Alta and Tromso Last year back up again the beginning of next year....
(y)

It;s almost the edge of the earth here I guess. Thanks very much Steve, yeah I am still doing the tours and guiding up here, though the season is drawing to a close as the sun gets higher and higher in the sky.
I was over at Alta a few weeks ago, but can't really fit the drive to Tromso in over a weekend. If you're out hunting aurora, the Oksfjord road throws up some beautiful mountains and dark skies... I am just a little bit jealous! Have a great time mate when you go back

It;s almost the edge of the earth here I guess. Thanks very much Steve, yeah I am still doing the tours and guiding up here, though the season is drawing to a close as the sun gets higher and higher in the sky.
I was over at Alta a few weeks ago, but can't really fit the drive to Tromso in over a weekend. If you're out hunting aurora, the Oksfjord road throws up some beautiful mountains and dark skies... I am just a little bit jealous! Have a great time mate when you go back
Nice to catch up with you Matty... I'll pm you sometime. I did get up the E6 toward Oksfjord but the road was closed from Langfjordbotn up. I'll see what happens this time its always an adventure! End of the earth is good:). Which National park are you working in Matty, Varangerhalvoya? Sounds like a busman's holiday to me mate;). But I'm sure its not all a bed of roses. Anyhow have a great time mate, and take care.

Back