Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes
IR22 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

seen in the killarney national park...can remember the name
cheers
geof

Those pseudo "vintage" vehicles are often built on Ford Transit chassis.

Can't remember who made the kits but there are a few about in van and charabanc form. As Brian says, usually based on a Transit or similar.

Here is another

qZoTirj.jpg

A few months ago I visited the restored WW1 airfield at Stow Maries, Essex.
They had this "Royal Flying Corps" vehicle on display.

Interestingly, all the photos on-line of "FleurDeLys" vehicles have the square "Model T Ford" type radiator shell (like the one below) and not the curved radiator of the Killarney charabanc.
Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome near Maldon, Essex by Brian Gibson, on Flickr

Quite an apt username for someone interested in an old vehicle :D

First one - there's nothing on their website about the vehicle
http://www.gapofdunloetours.com/

The second, DVLA has it listed as a FLEURDELYS
How come an Irish registered vehicle is on the DVLA site?
None of the FleurDeLys vehicles that are pictured on-line have the curved radiator of the Killarney charabanc.
The FleurDeLys all have a square, model T Ford style radiator, like the Black Country museum and RFC vehicles, which in overall style are significantly different to the Killarney charabanc

My suggestion it is an Irish built vehicle.

Hi, I tried to enlarge the emblem on the radiator - could not see enough. But it should be better to enlarge the original picture (before posting) ...

How come an Irish registered vehicle is on the DVLA site?
None of the FleurDeLys vehicles that are pictured on-line have the curved radiator of the Killarney charabanc.
The FleurDeLys all have a square, model T Ford style radiator, like the Black Country museum and RFC vehicles, which in overall style are significantly different to the Killarney charabanc

My suggestion it is an Irish built vehicle.

?
The second image shown of the vehicle is at the Black Country living museum near Birmingham, as such is sporting a UK numberplate.
It has a rather nice chromed square numberplate...

?
The second image shown of the vehicle is at the Black Country living museum near Birmingham, as such is sporting a UK numberplate.
It has a rather nice chromed square numberplate...
That's pretty obvious and I'm not disputing the fact (except it's the radiator that's chrome, not the number plate.).
My mistake, but I thought, when you said "DVLA has it listed as a FLEURDELYS" you were referring to the Killarney charabanc, which is obviously different to all the FleurDeLys photos that are on-line.

Last edited:
Back