Name that Actor, please.

I usually find in these cases the best thing is to stop looking/thinkig about it and the suddenly comes, maybe next day. Though in my case forgotten thing/name/face never looks like what I thought it did ;) if you see what I mean.

First flashed into my brain a few months ago, I did stop. Flashed into my brain the other day again.

Just sticking it here again.

Does anybody remember the advert, where a man is watching his neighbour and family load up the car or caravan, as they are going off for a break. At the end when they are nearly finished loading up, the man is about to say "everything but the kitchen sink", when one of them does actually come out with the kitchen sink.

To remember this advert, you will probably need to be in your 60s.

Not exactly someone who played somewhat slimy characters but looks wise how about Ian Richardson?

Dave

Thanks for the idea of looking at the cast of yes Minister, it was while I was looking at the list, a link to other actors popped up. Found Him Cheers. (y)
Well don't keep us in suspense, who is he?

I posted as you were posting. lol
I recognise him, though I doubt I would have been of any help. Not a name that i know.
At least you can sleep now, until the next elusive actor comes along. ;)

Probably not many of you will have heard of the actor Colin Jeavons. He was mainly on the tv back in the 70s. But he was active from 1956 right up till 1993. IMDB sourced info.

Born 20 October 1929 (age 90) still alive.

Last edited:
Phew! ;)

When you posted the name.......I thought who the heck is that??? But recognised the face, had no idea of the name!

Good 'power of TP' to have helped with the solution :)

Phew! ;)

When you posted the name.......I thought who the heck is that??? But recognised the face, had no idea of the name!

Good 'power of TP' to have helped with the solution :)

I was going to look for a film and tv forum to post the question on. But I thought with all the wacky bonkers and weird diverse members on here, I knew you fellas would be the better option for helping me out.

Once again, thanks for all the help fellas. (y);)(y)

Seen him in loads of stuff but never knew his name. Your description was pretty much spot on in fairness :)

Found Him

Colin Jeavons

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0420010/

I would just like to say...Big thank to all who contributed with names. :)(y)

My mind is at rest now, I don't have to keep going through names and faces in my head. lol

I would never have guessed him but a familiar face from the past and you remembered his face well in describing him as similar to Milton Johns and Murray Melvin.

Dave

I would never have guessed him but a familiar face from the past and you remembered his face well in describing him as similar to Milton Johns and Murray Melvin.

Dave

I was half thinking to say something on the lines of, if you put Milton Johns and Murray Melvin in a bottle, shook it all up, what you poured out, would be this actor. I am sure that would have been too loopy for all of you. But I am pleased that you could see where I was coming from, with those actors being of a similar appearance. (y)

Now had it been Sid James, everyone would have known who I would have been talking about.
Because I would have simply said.

He has a dirty old laugh, he has a rugged lived in face, he is always larking about chasing women half his age. He has a nose that looks like a pear that has been cut in half and stuck on his face. Although I am sure some would have suggested the likes of Julian Clary, as a possibility. :wacky:

Now had it been Sid James, everyone would have known who I would have been talking about.

He has a dirty old laugh, he has a rugged lived in face, he is always larking about chasing women half his age. He has a nose that looks like a pear that has been cut in half and stuck on his face. Although I am sure some would have suggested the likes of Julian Clary, as a possibility. :wacky:
Not sure I've ever seen Julian Clary chase women!

he is always larking about chasing women half his age.
And in real life too by all accounts.

Found Him

Colin Jeavons

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0420010/

I would just like to say...Big thank to all who contributed with names. :)(y)

My mind is at rest now, I don't have to keep going through names and faces in my head. lol

Glad you got it sorted. From your description I was going to suggest these two, which you'll probably remember from the 70s/80s as they both used to crop up in TV series fairly regularly in those days.

Hugh Burden or John Woodnutt

Watch this bit of vintage 1970 footage from Dr Who (with Jon Pertwee as the Dr) and you'll see them both at 1:02. :)

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Channing?file=When_Autons_Attack_-_Spearhead_from_Space_-_BBC

As an aside there are a couple of TV channels showing old films now - Talking Pictures and Sony Classic.

Glad you got it sorted. From your description I was going to suggest these two, which you'll probably remember from the 70s/80s as they both used to crop up in TV series fairly regularly in those days.

Hugh Burden or John Woodnutt

Watch this bit of vintage 1970 footage from Dr Who (with Jon Pertwee as the Dr) and you'll see them both at 1:02. :)

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Channing?file=When_Autons_Attack_-_Spearhead_from_Space_-_BBC

Yes I do like John Woodnutt, he is in things that I tend to watch. I tend to like the older stuff from the 50s 60s and 70s. Just looking at an old playlist for watching later on. Got a couple of stations I keep an eye on. Failing that, good old YouTube. :)

As an aside there are a couple of TV channels showing old films now - Talking Pictures and Sony Classic.

Yep, that is one of them I watch. My missus thinks I live in the past. I just can't watch her stuff, she loves those shoot em ups, awful stuff. :confused:

Back