Non UK Naples / Vesuvius & Sicily / Etna

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I'm thinking about my potential next adventure, this time probably just getting a cheap flight to the southern Italy for a few days, maybe in the spring when it's green and before it has the chance to burn to a crisp.

How do you find the landscape there? Any places in general recommended to visit?

I would obviously love to see (through a long lens) some safe / small scale eruption. I wonder how easy it is to predict when this is somewhat likely to happen.

Prediction is down to crossed fingers, guess work and a lot of luck and that's the scientific bod's never mind the likes of us mere mortals. They can tell if it's in an unsettled mood but no more than that. If however you're in luck this sort of event is best watched or imaged at night or at least in the blue hour.

Last edited:
I went to Naples last April for the third time, photographically, imho, Naples itself hasn't got much of interest bar the odd atmospheric side street, and the view over the bay/city from Belvedere Sant'Antonio a Posillipo. There are no notable buildings or squares. If anyone has found any notable views in the city, well done. ;) :LOL:

Capri has some nice views, particularly from the top of Anacapri looking back towards the bay and mainland. There are nice views across the bay looking toward Vesuvius and Naples from the top of Monte Faito via cable car from Castellammare di Stabia. I didn't find much of interest in Sorrento, and it was very busy too when I went in the summer a few years ago.

I found the ruins at Pompei and Herculaneum very interesting.

I hired a speedboat to go round Ischia, but regret not visiting Castello Aragonese, which I only saw how nice it was inside by watching Prowalks on YouTube a few months after I visited the last time.

I Hope that helps a bit. :)

Back