Nash lighthouse long exposure...

Those converging verticals....

Look at the sides of the building - they lean into the frame - this is convergence. You can, to an extent, fix this in post - or using a tilt shift lens or better technicque to avoid this

Yes,I’m aware it is fixable.i quite like the converging sides,and of course the lighthouse itself is built that way.i rarely shoot buildings,so no point in investing in a tilt and shift lens.what technique would you suggest to avoid it?

Yes,I’m aware it is fixable.i quite like the converging sides,and of course the lighthouse itself is built that way.i rarely shoot buildings,so no point in investing in a tilt and shift lens.what technique would you suggest to avoid it?

Shoot wide and portrait - keeping the camera level on X and Y axis (don't point it up as that's what causes it). You'll end up with a lot of dead space at the bottom - don't worry about that - just crop it to a square or 4x5 losing the bottom.

Keeping the camera level on the horizontal and vertical planes is critical. Also ensure you are perpendicular.

Shoot wide and portrait - keeping the camera level on X and Y axis (don't point it up as that's what causes it). You'll end up with a lot of dead space at the bottom - don't worry about that - just crop it to a square or 4x5 losing the bottom.

Keeping the camera level on the horizontal and vertical planes is critical. Also ensure you are perpendicular.

Thank you very much,I am returning tonight,so will give it a go [emoji106]

"Excellent" shot, as has already been said converging verticals can let an image down, but in this case I quite like the effect.

George.

Back