Wales National botanical gardens wales?

Name
wayne clarke
Edit My Images
Yes
Anybody know if the flowers are out in force yet? I'm looking at going there tomorrow with a few mates. Been there before but not this early in the year.
Thanks.

Went this time last year ( 1 year yesterday )

The main dome indoors was good, plenty of lovely color and was quiet with not very many people really.

It was the outdoors section that looked out of season and was disappointing.

Still worth going. I could spend an hour in the butterfly enclosure and maybe 2 in the dome and another 1 or 2 hours walking outside etc.

If I went again though I would wait until July or something.

Went this time last year ( 1 year yesterday )

The main dome indoors was good, plenty of lovely color and was quiet with not very many people really.

It was the outdoors section that looked out of season and was disappointing.

Still worth going. I could spend an hour in the butterfly enclosure and maybe 2 in the dome and another 1 or 2 hours walking outside etc.

If I went again though I would wait until July or something.
Thanks mate.

For anybody else thinking of going this time of year (early may) theres not much outside in bloom (as GTG said) the butterfly house was open and there were butterflies, but nowhere near as many as I've seen later in the year. I'm told they become more active as it heats up.
No problems getting good shots of them even with basic kit as you can get close.
The dome has plenty to take pics off but was having some work done so a few areas were dug up (not a big problem) and you can get a cuppa, theres usually a few sparrows looking for crumbs too so you can get those while you have your cuppa.

Back