Natural History Museum London

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Absolutely love this building and the style of the "old" side. Could have spent longer taking more pictures but had a go at doing a multiple exposure to "erase" some of the tourists (although some seem to believe they were statues).
Processed in Nik Software's Silver Efex 2.

Any CC would be welcome as I'm hoping to get back to the museum eventually.

0411405b6302e06344bc29283196d4ff

I like that, a lot (y)

Can you just turn up and take photographs or do you need permission?

I just set my camera up on one of the stone slabs and started taking. I think if you're not causing a disruption or blocking the way they're fine.

I like that.

The fabric of the building is superb. As this this a blended shot it might be worth tagging a final shot on the sequence exposed for the shadows next time and try adding just a hint of detail in the dark archway on the right hand edge to stop it pulling my eye from the main area of interest.

I like that.

The fabric of the building is superb. As this this a blended shot it might be worth tagging a final shot on the sequence exposed for the shadows next time and try adding just a hint of detail in the dark archway on the right hand edge to stop it pulling my eye from the main area of interest.

Thanks will have a look at that next time.

I think its a great shot of a really interesting building. I too have tried to take shots from the top of those stairs.

I wonder if taking a picture of the viewpoint late in the day during the winter months would mean the windows would not be blown out. That is something I have always found to be a problem when including the glass in the roof space.

seen this photo a lot of times almost always straight down the stairs.this is offset and has people in the photo to "add interest" nice shot,and the b+w conversion works great. top shot 10/10(y)(y)(y) as if my opinion matters :clap:

Amazing building and well reflected in this shot. I did a survey for air conditioning there earlier this year and clambering around on the exterior of these arched roof sections was an education. the external surfaces although not intended to be seen are just as decorative and amazing as the interior and facade.

Amazing building and well reflected in this shot. I did a survey for air conditioning there earlier this year and clambering around on the exterior of these arched roof sections was an education. the external surfaces although not intended to be seen are just as decorative and amazing as the interior and facade.
That must have been interesting indeed. Definitely chance for a shot with a difference.

So what? Not harming anyone.

Some places (especially London) don't like photographers with big cameras. I got hassled by a security guy at kings cross station who informed me I wasn't allowed to take flash photography. Looking at my 5d2 with no built in flash I reminded him he wasn't allowed to smoke indoors. He informed me he didn't smoke and I informed him without a flash gun I couldn't do flash photography. Then asked him if he was going to have words with the lady who had an iphone which kept flashing.

Lovely image. Really must get into London more and photograph these old buildings.

Back