Natural Light Stack

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Narcissus Bulb Fly - Merodon Equestris

Out this morning looking for butterflies but unfortunately didn't find any. I did find this little fly though and decided I would try my luck with a natural light stack. The biggest stack I've tried before is 8 or so shots but I really wanted to see what I could achieve with a much deeper stack, this one being 27 shots. As it was really calm and the fly wasn't moving in its sleep state I gambled on keeping the ISO at 100 with a shutter speed of 1/6s.

Now its not perfect by any means and I'm still learning Zerene which can be an odd program at times, but I'm pretty happy with the results and it's given me confidence to try some more stacks.

D7200 . Tamron 60mm F2 on 20mm tube . Natural Light (27 shots) . F5.6 . 1/6s . ISO 100

Merodon Equestris by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Really good, what sort of time do you have to be up to get these photos? And where roughly in the UK are you? (I want to translate the time into the same time relative to the sun in London)

Ooooh my :love: Love this shot and the BG is just sublime Neil, 27 shots, thats very nice and theres nothing to be meh about, enjoy it, we all do :)

Back