Nature's Window

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Not taken many photos in the last 3 months with the lock-down in place. I have walked mile after mile around my local area - something I always said I would do in the past, but never got round to it.

We have had a lot of morning fog over the last week and I decided to try a new location just a few miles from home. I wandered around for an hour and took a few shots but nothing that really excited me - I had spotted a lovely tree out in the fog and decided that it would be worth a return visit in better conditions.

On my walk back to the car I kept seeing the tree pop into view through the hedge along the path - then the view opened up a bit and I was stopped in my tracks.

I think its one of my favourite photographs from the last few years. It just goes to show that you need to keep your eyes open and get out in all conditions :)

Nature's Window by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:
Lovely framing. You travel miles for a shot and there's a cracker on your doorstep(y)

Lockdown has opened up a whole new world to many people.

Yes - while it has not been a great time for many and there has been such a sad loss of life I must admit that it has mostly been a good time for me.

WFH has allowed me to spend more time with my wife and family, I have lost well over a stone with all the walking and managed to get onto a much better diet with a huge reduction in processed foods.

Dave

I really like this. I see lots of ideas where I think that would look good. I get my camera and take the photo and go s*** my head it was better. This my friend is what stuff looks like in my head and you managed to capture it delightfully.
Good job

I see lots of ideas where I think that would look good. I get my camera and take the photo and go s*** my head it was better.

Thanks - I suffer from the same as you all the time. :)

The composition was a bit weird as you could only see it coming in one direction on the path - the oak tree on the right is actually around 12 foot closer to the camera than the bush on the left.

So you are looking diagonally through the opening.

Go on then....... I knew theres a decent one in sheff, but didn't know about one in barnsley

Back