weekly NCF15 52 for 2021 Week 52 Showcase

Really liking the self portrait ... B&W cat behind the blinds, framed B&W.

And those purple flowers stand out a treat.

Cat, its a bit of a weird one, I'm not sure if I like it or not, but I see what you were trying to do though Nick :)

I really like the leading lines in "riverside" though (y)

Well I like the cat pic. I don't need an explanation - it is what it is :)

I like the Crocus shot too but would crop out the blurry one.

I don't agree about the cat picture. I like the selfie element. Think it's a good all round photo.

Another vote for the cat pic here. It captures a moment... which is what we're all aiming for in one way or another :)

I really like the cat image if it hadn't got you in it - nothing personal :LOL: I think the black and white and the blind and framing all work together really well, but my eye is drawn to try and work out your reflection.

There is something about the image of the purple flowers that is really lovely - I feel like I'm really there, lying down at ground level - perhaps it's the lovely light and colours... and the sharpness is just where you need it to be.

I love your ICM tree for 'Tall' - you've managed that really well.

I couldn't understand the cat image, and clicking to the discussion thread I'm not really any the wiser. I think it works better just with the cat. Although there could have been a take on lockdown if you were inside and the cat was outside. Nice leading lines on the second one

I'd struggle to choose between those two.

The snowdrops work well with plenty of detail against the creamy background, but there's something about that orange on purple combination that really jumps out.

Both really nice images but I prefer the snowdrop one, perfect for the theme and the season and a really nicely composed and exposed - cracking job.

I do like the snowdrops but I think the exposure could have be lowered a fraction.

Both lovely images and well composed. As Nick said, the colour in the crocus really pops.

Like them both and think I would have gone for the snowdrops as well. The background on the crocus one is not quite clean enough for me and I think it distracts slightly, whereas the snowdrops stand out beautifully,

Nice pair of images, I prefer the Snop drops slightly for the better focus.

Pete

Twins of Evil?!

Very good indeed ... very Dracula.

And super processing.

Great processing.. works really well. Lovely castle too.. where is it?

It's Castell Coch, a 19th C folly just outside Cardiff. Not surprisingly it's been used as a location for quite a few films.

Half
Lines everywhere, just missing the snakes to go with the ladders! Would have considered cropping slight from the right to remove the company name

Half
I like the zig zag ladders on the right. They do draw the eye across the image.

I really like it. Reminds me of an Andreas Gursky image.

I like this, studied it a lot, trying to think if 1 or 2 bits could be cropped to tidy it, keep it simple. Hmmm ...

I really like the composition of this image. It has a social history feel about it for some reason I can't quite pin down.

Back