weekly NCF15 52 for 2021 Week 52 Showcase

A nice set, #3 for me Nick. Nice and colourful subtle reflections.

Some lovely photos to choose from. I like your choice, some good strong reflections and composition. #3 is probably my favourite picture of them but I think for the theme that #1 works better.

The river scene has strong reflections, but I like the harbour better.

Pete

Nice set of reflections. Like the Torchwood vibe of the last :D

I like the one you have chosen but would probably crop the distracting branch on the right. Works well for the theme.

Reflection
#1 has the strongest reflection, but #3 with that red building is really good.

I like the the third picture, there is lots to look at.

Reflection(s)
All your images meet the theme, it’s number 3 I like the best with the striking red building, though not sure if the perspective needs tweaked at the right or the wooden structure leans to the left

There's something about the light in #3 that elevates it for me. I really like the muted reflections.

Nice set of roughs!

#3 looks like he's about to rough you up :D

Oh I like the roll of sandpaper ... nice detail and lighting. And I like the way it's positioned in the frame with a serious looking BG.

Another vote for the sandpaper, nice muted colours and well composed and lit.

Three very different interpretations. #3 for the ah! factor for me.

There's no link from the main pic thread to here so you're tricky to find :)

Really nice & simple composition that shows smooth texture as well as curves. The background is a little too light for my taste but I think that's a minor issue. I do enjoy flower images.

Nice and smooth Nick

Definitely a smooth shot.. I too feel the background could be darker to fit the tech.

Fantastic detail Nick. I love photos like this because I never really get to see our garden visitors up close. The Robin is fab.

Excellent images in your 52 Nick.

Rough - The roll of sandpaper for me I think. The lighting and the simplicity of the shot are perfect.
Smooth has a very pleasing almost low key look. Very nice.
Your set for Alive is great too. I agree with Ian. Such amazing detail especially in the Dunnock and Robin!

Cracking set Nick.

My favourite has to be the dunnock with the robin a close second, so sharp and full of character.

Really lovely ‘alive’ shots. I’ve really enjoyed the challenge of shooting more wildlife recently and the details you’ve captured are amazing

On the challenge comments catchup!!

Rough
Three very different images, all great examples for the theme, I like the sandpaper one the best, it has great lighting

Smooth
Nice details, I would like the background darker to accentuate the flower

Alive
Three great bird images, with spot on focus. I'm always jealous of others who can capture bird images, I always frighten them away before I've had a chance to get anything other than a longer distance shot

Alive
A lovely selection of garden birds. I think the Robin is the best of the three.

A really lovely set... much better than my sad efforts. I particularly like the composition and dof of the goldfinch.

Back