weekly NCF15 52 for 2021 Week 52 Showcase

Week 13 - Easter
Bit stuck this week. Ended up with a phone shot of a very clever floral cross in a church car park. Couldn't get rid of the background houses unfortunately.
Floral cross by Nick Dallimore, on Flickr

Couldn't get rid of the background houses unfortunately.
I actually think the houses add context & a sense of community. Nice and colourful and well lit.

Very nice Nick and as others have said, it all adds to the context (y)

Yep that works a treat :)

That's a lovely idea and must have taken some work to produce. The lower pov means the houses aren't too much of a distraction.

Easter
That a bright and colourful display. I'm not too bothered about the houses myself.

I like them all but you definitely picked the right one. It works really well with the out of focus fore and background, bang on theme as well

Spring
Really like that. The lovely soft oof foreground and background, really show off the Mascari flower.

Spring, lovely blue hue and focus just where it needs to be to make the image

My that seabird shot is brilliant, how long did you have to wait for that?!

Lovely pose on the Meadow Pipit.

Living in Cornwall, I don't have anything to add to the craggy shot as I see them all the time.

The Gannet is great, I can't comment technically because I have no idea, but it's impressive as an image. I really like the old 'picture postcard' processing on the 3rd shot too.

Fabulous gannet shot. Did you do it in camera or afterwards? I've tried a few with kitesurfers, but only ever putting together afterwards. Lovely meadow pipit too.

That's a great shot. Makes me wonder what it must be like to be able to fly and dive like that. I wonder if they find it fun? The multi-exposure works really well to tell the story where a single frame just wouldn't have the same impact. Thumbs up from me... Oh wait...

(y)

Combined from multiple shots. Opportunistic shots whilst walking the coast path.

Out and about
Really lovely sunset over the sea and I really like the pinks and whites on the right.

Out and About: All nice shots and hard to choose! Lovely part of the world.

I've just spotted your Spring shots which I missed. I like the grape hyacinths, fabulous colours, but also a nice capture of the whitethroat.

Playing comment catch up!!

Easter
Very colourful cross, I'm surprised whoever created the floral addition never shaped the top. Did the base not merit being in the image with the crop used (or how it was shot)

Spring
Great set, with the chosen one my favourite, are you using a small focusing area to blur the "foreground"?

Snapper's Choice
I'm happy if I get one bird in focus, to achieve this over multiple images is impressive. Great out of focus background and sharp bird for the second image. Nice coastal image, looks like there is potential at that location for interesting seas.

Out and about
Really serene scene with the sun setting, nice image anchor with the flowers in the corner.

Love your Pembrokeshire photos. St David's Head area one of my favourite spots on this earth....

Amazing wicker sculpture! As an image, I like the dandelion best, but I think for the theme and technique, your silhouette works really well.

Shapes
I quite like the silhouette and the space you've left above the building.

Can't beat these sorts of numbers Nick. Works for me!

Nice numbers - tell us more :)

Back