weekly NCF15 52 for 2021 Week 52 Showcase

That pulls me in!

The image itself is great, but then the 'what is it?' question hits!

Good numbers shot, love the detail captured.
I would guess it's an old camera as it has the speed and aperature marked on the lens. But I could be wrong, but what ever it is old.

Pete

Numbers
A good numbers shot.
Old lenses look so crafted, a real piece of machinery.

Very nice numbers shot - looks like a lovely old bit of kit. Nicely captured.

Edit: I thought it was aperture and distance for focusing, but is it shutter speed?

Last edited:
My, my, that is an old lens. Aperture on one of the dials and shutter speed via a spring-driven mechanism on the other. I've seen a lens like that but for the life of me I can't remember what it was attached to, but a Twin Lens Reflex of some sort comes to mind, might be wrong though.

'tis a nice old lens. I've no idea what, or by whom, but nice all the same.
Interesting to light from the left while having slightly greater DoF on the right (at least that's what it looks like to me).

Toys
A really good looking model that is sharp everywhere that means even the dust is visible!! I might have been tempted to move it further from the background to have the light falloff faster and smooth the material and darken it.

thanks, agree with your comments, it would have been nice to get it further from the background but the size of the model made it difficult with the space available and the limited size of background I have.

Artificial: Lovely old fashioned rocking horse. I thought it was going to be your toy at first.

Toy: How great to be able to pass on toys that you have made yourself - talented! I don't mind the dust. I'm not sure if lowering the blacks and shadows in the background area might help remove the creases. The toy is nicely lit - you can see the separation of the black tyre from the background.

Nice Dobbin - yet a little scary!

Artificial
It looks a bit aggressive.
I think I would have been tempted to pull back a bit, to get a bit more of the neck in shot. Other than that, I quite like it, the light is pretty good with no highlights.

Lovely rocking horse.. However, one of those things - now I've noticed it I can't get over the fact that it looks to me like it's eating its mane :D

Artificial
First thoughts, it does look a bit scary, but if I angle my iPad to show the head at a normal angle it becomes less so. It certainly fits the theme, I'm not mistaking it for the real thing.

Creepy!
I like the tight crop, almost as if it's confined, it makes it a little more intense to me.

Yep that works a treat!

Lovely shot, well exposed. It's a nice idea for the theme.

Nice set Nick #2 is the pick of the bunch for me.

Super set - I like the Damselfly and Bee Orchid the best :)

Up close
It's the Clematis for me. I really like the detail in the centre. Nice pastel colours too.

The Damselfly shot really stands out for me. Maybe it's the eye contact that sets it apart?

Up close
Four great images, I like the damselfly the most though the bee is not far behind. I did look on Flickr for the exif data.

Week 23 Personal
On holiday last week so took lots of photos but not much that fitted the brief.
20210613--DSC07300.jpg

Up Close - I'd have struggled to choose too. All lovely - I like the light and colours in no. 1. The damselfly is quite special - I love the way they seem to be watching you, and the bee orchid ( I think) is nicely captured.

Personal - was it a personal holiday or business trip? Ah I suspect it will just about fit the brief then :LOL: Looks glorious.

Really like the ICM one Nick. I find abstracts like this quite pleasing.

Back