weekly NCF15 52 for 2021 Week 52 Showcase

I like the ICM one as well but the wee buttercup peeking out in a sea of grass really takes my eye. I love it.

For me it's number 2, sorry but I just don't like ICM it's not my 'thing'. They are all very nicely colourful though and definitely green!

I'm not a fan of ICM tbh, each to their own though (y)
I like the buttercup, pushing its head through a sea of green.

Personal
I think without a person there would be too much sky but the elements all fit well.

Green
Three interesting images, I've tried the ICM trying to emulate some I've seen but never quite pulled it off. This looks better than mine personally thinks it needs to be more ICM to create bigger blocks of colour that only loosely has a form. (If that makes sense). The buttercup image is growing on me.

I like the ICM but it is very abstract. #2 is my preference - it has an abstract feel yet is still identifiable. A pleasing composition all round.

Hmmm I like all three, but I feel the green in the second and third images is a little bit too saturated for me (or my monitor). The Icm works for me. I like the positioning of the buttercup in the frame and the orchid is beautiful. Have you used a special lens to get the blurry edges on the orchid, or have you blurred in post? .

I really like the one you chose - just minimalist and striking.

I agree, top one is the best as it shows off the plant without distraction.

I love the third one. It's a super shot and nicely placed in the frame.

Snappers choice
I really like the bird portrait. Really good details in the feathers.

Looking down
It's well isolated and a bonus Bee.

The cornflower works really well Nick (y)
Nicely colourful with added interest.

Nice DoF with an Apis Mellifera too

Lovely bright image, nicely done.

Sure does count - lovely :)

I didn't even know there was such a thing Nick.
But yep it works.

Indigenous
Lots of good detail in the petals and a good diffused background.

Love this Nick. Lovely controlled exposure with the silhouette, and the slight hint of colour works really well. I think I'd be sorely tempted to remove the three amigos on the tree line to the right of your subject but that's the pedant in me speaking.

Another thumbs up for a good exposure on this one. A tricky shot.

Week 29 Dominating
Tricky subject this week. Went for the leader in a fell race I was marshalling. It's had a bit of mild HDR but not sure it really counts for the tech. It's an unfortunate feature of fell runners that they are always looking where they are putting their feet so it's difficult to get eye contact.
Fell runner by Nick Dallimore, on Flickr

Lovely shot. I find yelling “Oy!” Helps :angelic:

I guess on uneven ground you have to watch where you're going.
I'm intrigued how you got HDR, as that would need multiple exposures and therefore movement in the runner (unless it's just the background that has been hdr'd).

Fell runners = slightly mad to me ;) . I doubt he would appreciate any distraction given the ground he's covering. Good frozen movement.

Very nice Nick (y)

I don't think the Dominating shot needs eye contact, the tenstion in his body and the focus that is evident creates that connection. Better skies would improve it I guess, but you can only capture what's there.

The processing in the docks shot works well, vibrant without looking overdone.

Nice take on the theme, lovely texture and interest and I think you have the DoF just right. Looks good in B&W too.

Back