weekly NCF15 52 for 2021 Week 52 Showcase

Good idea for the theme, fits the tech well too. Well lit and plenty of detail in there

Nice greasy muckiness ;)

Fits the theme nicely. I like the colour palette you've gone for and DoF has been used well to isolate the subject and deal with background clutter. The oof brake cable (?) is a little distracting but not much to be done about that as far as I can see. For the "fill the frame" technique, I'd prefer to be in closer. The subject (for me) is the gear wheel which only takes up half the frame. It's all subjective though!

Interesting image, what's in focus & what's not (y)

Two ticks from me - theme and technique.

I couldn't tell if it was full B&W, heavily desaturated or you just have a black bike.

It really suits it though. I do all the cleaning and servicing on my own bikes, so I can almost feel the grit in your chain from that shot.

Its a great picture with lots of detail, I find the cable on the right a little distracting. I'm impressed with the DOF its not something I've being able to crack yet. (y)

Yep thats Dirty, lots of detail and works well in B/W

I think you picked the right one for the thread. The contrast between the two is great - it really shows off the textures of the stone with all the varied states of it being broken down in the quarry,

Ooooh No1 takes me back to when I worked on opencast coal sites a lifetime ago! Nice one :)

Rock
Maybe a bit more space on the left too aid the composition. The machinery does show the sense of scale. That little turquoise generator is a great contrast.

I like the first, can’t beat a nice bit of machinery. The second really gives an impression of the scale of the place :)

I really like the wide quarry shot.... nice light and so much interest.

All your rock images are worthy of the theme, I don't think you would lose too much cropping the wide quarry shot from the right to remove the tree which I might have considered. The moon is very detailed, I have tried a similar image but it was considerably softer (used a 100-300 lens on micro four thirds camera (2x crop factor))

I like a bit of yellow machinery. I don't know how close you can get but I'm wondering what a section of conveyor belt with lots of rock BG might look like. Hmmmm maybe for the machinery theme. ;)

That is a whole load of rock I like the 4th Image best great detail in the fossils and for me the best subject with the moon coming second.

First one for me, the second one is a tree. How many times did you spin before you fell over :LOL:

First one for me as well, the 2nd is a nice tree but does not have as much as a tall feel to it.

Pete

No 1 is a bit too trippy for me, No 2 is nicely composed with nice shadows on the ground not sure what colour profile you used ( vivid ? )but the grass looks a bit too over saturated on my screen.

Rock/stone. The quarry shot for me just for the wow factor from the scale of the site.
Tall - love the trippy tree shot.. really gives the sense of height. An abstract but identifiable as to the subject.

Really nice. Can't beat a bit of good camera movement photography - especially anything that reminds me of being a kid again :). It has worked really well IMO and I also really like the colour in it. Is it a toned B&W, or natural "as it was on the day" coloured?

#1 ... truly excellent.

I'd like to know how you did it. Some kind of turntable?

the first on for me too almost makes me feel dizzy looking at it

Good street shot Nick. I like hw you've kept your camera down at waist level so you silhouette becomes an element without emphasizing the fact that you're taking the shot. I like it.

I also like #4 a lot. Great DOF to isolate the Crocuses (?)

My thought is that the cat picture doesn't stand without the explanation; my personal feeling is that including yourself makes it look like a mistake, sorry. The two flower shots, especially the crocuses are much better. The crocus picture is lit in such a way that I can imagine the Teletubbies walking through in the background.

Nice set of images but I'd have to agree with SSU on the comment for the cat image I'm afraid. really nice colours in the flower images

Back