weekly NCF15s 52 for 2020 Wk 52 Decorate

Nice image, plenty of interest and right on theme, on so many levels, nice to see the movement on the passer by too. I do wonder if the 'traditional' mono processing for a street scene would suit it (and maybe a bit more low key?) But then, I suppose the mono for street photography is a bit overdone ;)

Lots going on there Nick.
Just curious with the umbrella and what appears to be a quilt in the door way, is that a homeless persons home?
A truly sad discarded image if it is.

Sorry mate, not for me. I'm guessing that the brolly is part of the poor homeless person's belongings, and street shots of homeless people don't do it for me unless it's part of a broader narrative.
I'm not all that keen on the composition either (but I suppose the reds add colour) and I would have straightened the verticals a bit too.

Still, keeps you up to date and that's what matters :)

It's certainly a compelling image, if what others have suspected is indeed what we're seeing as a poor, unfortunate homeless person in the doorway.
It does need a touch of straightening, but otherwise fits the theme well, and the passer-by has some nice motion blur going on.
Nice work Nick.(y)

I like this - discarded rubbish, shop and discarded person with passer-by hurrying along

I see it as discarded by society. The blurred passer by adds emphasis to that for me.

A sad reflection of our times. I think the blurry passer by is a really good touch. It is quite an emotional shot.

Not much that isn’t disguarded here.

Right on theme, and I like a grim photo!

Great shots for both tools and discarded.

The man walking out of frame really adds a bit of life to the shot and I like that he's blurry.

Wk 5 Snappers Choice
St Woolos door by Nick Dallimore, on Flickr
1st foray into film in 40yrs. Camera is a Zeiss Nettar 6x6cm circa 1955 which in my parents old house when we cleared it out. It may have belonged to my grandfather. Converted to digital by photographing with a canon 100mm macro and a tablet as the light source.

That's really nice. I would never have guessed it was digitised film, there is no loss of quality in the process.
I might have been tempted with #2 as it is the more unusual shot, but both are good and work.

Really nice images for Snappers Choice I agree with Tim No 2 for me

Lovely range of greys in both images. #2 for me as well.

I like the door though I would have liked to have seen a bit more of it. Great conversion though. Lots of detail. I've got a couple of Zeiss nettars. Will have to give them a go.

#2 for snappers choice for me, interesting shot and suits B&W :)

Snappers choice - 2 good images I too prefer the 2nd.
Wild - again both great images I do find the blue tit more appealing for the colour

Liking the blue tit image the best in wild, could also work cropped slightly in portrait format.

Both good shots. Personally I prefer the long tail... nice angle.

Both good images Nick. LTT for me (y)

The blue tit is my fave of the two (not that there's anything wrong with the other one).

I like both shots for wild - great detail although the background is a bit distracting for the blue tit.

Two great shots and I prefer the LTT too. (it is one of my favourite birds as well).

Wild - 2 lovely Images great colours in the Blue Tit but I agree I prefer the BG on the LTT so that would also be my choice.

Back