Near Haytor, Dartmoor

Your problem here is with the edges. It looks inescapably like a cut and paste job. One thing in a video game, but not so good in a photograph as I value the term.

Well done - if not taken too seriously.

Roj is correct - if you'd fixed the edges around the LHS of the central rock then it would have been much harder to tell it was a composite (even if it does look like it belongs in a video game).

Well done though.

It looked a lot worse when I first applied the luminosity mask - I spent ages fiddling around with it to get it how it is before realising it was never going to look very realistic! Darkening down the foreground helped a lot. There was a tree there too but I removed it as it looked reeeeally bad.

When I see an image like this the alarm bells immediately start ringing. So it's good that you've been upfront about the replacement sky.

As far as I can see the very bright setting sun in the background would immediately create a silhouette of the foreground. The only way it could have been created otherwise would have been a massive reflector (although the colour temperature is wrong) some car headlights (probably ditto) or a powerful torch or two.

When I see an image like this the alarm bells immediately start ringing. So it's good that you've been upfront about the replacement sky.

As far as I can see the very bright setting sun in the background would immediately create a silhouette of the foreground. The only way it could have been created otherwise would have been a massive reflector (although the colour temperature is wrong) some car headlights (probably ditto) or a powerful torch or two.

Or a blend of two exposures taken of the same scene or some HDR

Not my sort of tomfoolery but many others do this routinely

Its nice enough- great you admitted its a composite, Or the Photoshop police in here would have had you shot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Les :)

Back