Nearly a watery grave

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
Water lapping at the ball head on my tripod but well worth it!

Close Encounter by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Next time I managed to pluck the camera to safety during exposure, made for some dramatic and slightly abstract shots:

Runaway I by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Run Away II by Alan Jones, on Flickr

I rather like them!

All shot on the XT1, XF14mm and Lee 0.6ND Hard Grad.

Dramatic!

You were being a bit brave.

Now these really work for me. Such drama!

I don't have a favourite...I like them all.

There's an ICM thread with some similar (but not as good IMO) photographs.

Cheers.

You're a brave man :clap:

Now clean that kit (y)

One and three are gorgeous!

Flipping heck your a brave man taking your camera into that! I like them all and find them very artistic, I love the stormy light coming through the waves. I'm not brave enough to say Horizon in No 3 sure there is one somewhere but god only knows where or what's holding your tripod up ..... Neptune?..
Great Shots.
Anyhow I have seen some Pro's cameras and they look like they have been through the WW1 trenches and still doing a good job so I hope you give the XT1 a good going over. I have seen what salt water corrosion does to Aircraft, we used to give them a fresh water wash then cover them in WD40 on the carriers.

Definitely some most interesting graphic abstract impressions.
Very cool!

A great image but not worth risking your life over. The sea can be treacherous at times and sweep you out to sea. Sadly there are many tragic cases of this.

Very dramatic compositions which really show how mighty the sea really is. Great shots...brave guy!

Wonderful set of images remind me of impressionist paintings. Very dynamic and abstract. They would look good printed and hung.

Wonderful set of images remind me of impressionist paintings. Very dynamic and abstract. They would look good printed and hung.
Yup I could see this. For me the second is very attractive, I could see that on my wall

Love them! I like the creativity and moodiness, and good for you for getting stuck in!!!!

Back