Needs must! (open thread)

Nod

Tootles
Name
Nod (UK)
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm sure I'm not alone in trying to extend the useful life of some things, especially at the moment when getting replacements or even the right bits to effect a proper repair is less easy than normal.

Having snapped the base off our 3 tiered strawberry tower while trying to level its 4 footed base, I thought I could probably find odds and sods in the garage to stretch its usefulness for at least another year, if not longer. A hole saw cut a suitable disc out of the kitchen worktop (under the food mixer so I don't think it'll be noticed for a day or 2... OK, it was an offcut!) and a steering wheel out of a friend's LandRover project (it's way too small, even with power steering) were mated using threads tapped into the work surface and the tower screws into another tapped hole with a couple of washers allowing enough stand off for the wire of the bottom basket. It now sits a bit lower than it used to but that'll reduce the likelihood of the big thread pulling out under the strain. OK, it's not the most beautiful thing in the world but it works!

DSCF5373.JPGDSCF5372.JPG

So, let's see your bodges - the cruder the better!

No liners! Plenty of old T-shirts though so now all planted up and waiting for the fruits of my labours...

DSCF5438.JPG

Hi, there were a few burglaries, car-thefts and - attempts in the area where I live.

Typically, the criminals enter through the garden door. -

The fitter of the door was working on the design of a € 500 security solution for me... ---

Instead, I fitted two hose-clamps, to keep the lock in position.

A quick-and-dirty (or cheap-and-efficient) solution :

DSC00348-tp.jpg

Back