Neil B bird pics thread

Nice shot Neil, I've only seen a few so far "down here" this year and we are out in the middle of the countryside ...... the first just over a week ago ...... maybe it's just a little early to see them in numbers

PS _ I saw the first on the 28th Feb

Last edited:
Nice shot Neil, I've only seen a few so far "down here" this year and we are out in the middle of the countryside ...... the first just over a week ago ...... maybe it's just a little early to see them in numbers

Looks like another bird to go on the red list soon in the UK, from a all year round garden regular too rarely seen overnight.

Looks like another bird to go on the red list soon in the UK, from a all year round garden regular too rarely seen overnight.

Not wishing to bring Malta up but

The Greenfinch - "In Malta it is considered a prestigious song bird which has been trapped for many years"

One bird i used to take for granted but i'd love to see one of these back in my garden, massive crash in numbers in my area :(

Greenfinch poser. by Neil Brimacombe, on Flickr

Is that the tail end of another one in the top left corner? ;) Other than that it`s a lovely capture,not seen any around here yet either :(

One bird i used to take for granted but i'd love to see one of these back in my garden, massive crash in numbers in my area :(
Noticed similar just down the road from you Neil, very few knocking about and even fewer bullies.

Always such beautiful and graceful looking birds ... will be up there in June and hope I can get some like these :)

I've just noticed this thread. What a superb set, all of them are stunning. I'm really going to have to up my game this year

O joy, more bloody gannets.

Nearly as tedious as Kingfishers on a stick.

again you need to look at Flickr to full appreciate the image ........ maybe the shadows need a little adjustment Neil, crop not quite as tight?

but it's a wonderful image

Last edited:
One from last year but i've been out today and they have arrived back at the same location so look forward to spending some time with these.

Can you keep a secret !!! by Neil Brimacombe, on Flickr

That is a real nice shot Neil, good to hear some are back, not the easiest of birds to photograph. I have not gone to my usual location looking for them so far yet, only heard of the odd bird being spotted so far, good luck with them this year :)

Back